3 wheels on my wagon

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  chris pook 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

chris pook
    Participant

and i’m still rolling along…

Kind of busy at work.  Where did Q1 go?  How can I be in 4th year of this job and not be bored yet?  Anyway, just checking in.

iPhone video, anyone?  We had a few days in Basra.  There is not a lot there.  Certainly no sign of the  revenue from $100bn in oil exports from Rumeilla;

Had a Yazidi guy in from Sinjar for the last couple of days.  He let me take his portrait.  He is lucky to have survived Daesh with his family, but still looks and sounds haunted.

MASTIN-1485

Hope this finds you all well and happy.

Tersha
    Keymaster

Hi Chris, good to know your alive ad well!
    Your Yazidi man really does look haunted, it’s a good portrait, though troubling.
    Basra is really barren, as you said, not a lot there, interesting to watch though, as I’ve never been anywhere like that. And I found the sudden birdsong quite incongruous with the car wreck(?).

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Thank you for sharing this with us Chris. Good to hear from you 🙂

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Good to see you are well Chris. Props for what you do sir. Really great portrait!

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Glad you’re safe. Great Portrait!

John Thompson

Thanks for sharing Chris.  The weapons instructions brings back old memories.

Robert Apple

Glad to know you are well Mr Pook, and the portrait does convey a auroa of torment.

chris pook
    Participant

Thanks everyone.  It’s been another mixed up day up in Dohuk with my pal Suzn. I thought i’d try something different, photographing refugees and IDPs with a studio in a bag.  It will take a day or two to process, both the photographs and the experience.

I was really surprised to find my hotel full of Austrian and German tourists.  Slightly dislocating, but great news for the Kurdish region that people are coming.

Unless you want a lounger by the pool.  In which case better set the  alarm.

Anyway, beautiful people to photograph.  What’s not to love?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.