6 Month Anniversary

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Apple 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

Robert Apple

Last week the Members Pick section turned 6 months old, The participation has been great. I was just clicking back through the old Posts and it’s been Interesting to see the diversity of what “Turns our Members On” and to revisit some of the great photos posted here.
    Thanks to all those that have been participating in this forum and I’m looking forward to see what the future brings.

What do you folks think about a members picks of the year vote in December and and we will feature the top three, please post your comment below in this thread.

Tersha
    Keymaster

Sounds like a good idea Robert. As you said, there’s been a great variety of images here, it’s a good forum.

Gotta admit I was skeptical, but you have really made it work. Well done to you. It’s one of my favs now. And yearly sounds like an awesome idea.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Six months, wow time flies. We have a POTW so why not a POTY? Mind you, I pity the person who has to choose it (that would be you Robert) because all the contenders are already winners. Thumbs up from me.

Robert Apple

Oh it wouldn’t be me choosing , I’m going to post all the photos from the year, number them and then the members will vote on their favorites by messaging me their picks, If their are any ties for the top three I think I will then organize a Admin vote. Hows that sound. After all its the members picks not mine.

Dave Watkins
    Participant

Happy anniversary Robert. I’ll toss one back in your honor. I think a “Member’s Pick of the Year” is a good idea.

Frank
    Participant

Maybe the next step would be picture of the month, selected from PicsOTW, and from the PicsOTM winners, choose one Picture of the Year.

Robert Apple

Don’t have that kind of free time Frank especially in warm months.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Sounds like a good idea Robert. I enjoy your memberโ€™s choice feature and top three of the year is a logical progression.

Tobie

A Member’s Pick of the Year is a great idea Robert! Wonder if @admin would make your life easier by giving you an auto-tally radio button / checkbox feature where it will automatically add 1 for each tick received? Then every voter is allowed a max of 3 ticks… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Robert Apple

Thanks for your input Tobie, we will see if Rob chimes in on that one. I used a free site for a Native American Children’s art contest years ago, might have to look into that as well. lt’s hard to predict what the response might be.

Frogdaily
    Participant

Wow 6 months already … Happy Anniversary Robert! Members photo of the year sounds like a great idea to me too ๐Ÿ™‚

Robert Apple

A thanks to everyone that has commented, and a special to Rob @admin who makes all this work for all of us everyday

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Wow. 6 months already. Time flies. Great job, Robert.

ElinL
    Participant

Congratulations Robert ! Loved your idea when you presented it, and it has turned out to be a success, inspiring and a pleasure to follow. Thank you for the effort.

Petr Nowak
    Participant

Great job, Robert. POTY? Yes.

P71
    Participant

Sorry to be so late but i think i should say thank you Robert i always enjoy this members Pick section great job ;), always great photos to see … POTY ๐Ÿ˜‰ Please and thank you.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  P71.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.