A Little Hazy

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Graham Hart 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

Hit me. Panasonic DMC-GX8
    LUMIX G VARIO 14-42/F3.5-5.6 II
    ƒ/11.0
    42.0 mm
    1/100

Dave Watkins
    Participant

Maybe place the boat in the lower right third of the frame in a landscape format. Might enhance the feeling that they’re heading into the “great unknown” with a larger expanse of emptiness. Assuming of course there is enough off to the left to work with. 🙂

Graham Hart
    Participant

I love this shot Rob. The complete lack of any reference is a great way to bring mystery and the ‘great unknown’ into an image. Where are they going? How do they know where they are?

I was totally with Dave initially and thought about a different crop but after experimenting with various crops I think that your original actually works best (sorry Dave). Due to the lack of detail other than the boat itself, that ‘great unknown’ comes across pretty good as is. Not only where they’re headed but also where they’ve come from. I think the portrait aspect enhances this by adding a sense of travelling into the distance rather than across the field of view.

One of those ‘breaking the rules’ pics which works really well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.