Another Diptych

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Another Diptych

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Frogdaily 11 months ago.

• Author

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Bella Then & Now

This diptych looks at “young & old” and “small & large”. Thoughts? This is my Siamese cat Bella. On the left is the day that we brought her home. On the right is a recent picture at age 7.

Robert Apple

I think if you flipped the second image horizontally it would tie the two images together a bit better.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

So the heads are both to the inside?

Robert Apple

Yes and it would also have the effect of the baseboard moudling becoming a leading line into the image towards the kitten photo.

Frogdaily
    Participant

Bella is so Beautiful, love seeing photos of her!  The colors work well together and you definitely get the “young & old”, “small & large” Theme.  I do agree with Robert on 7 year old Bella’s photo being flipped where their bodies face each other  – would make for a stronger diptych image.

As a side note, I think to really tell Bella’s story you could pair the photo on the left of Bella from the day you brought her home with the one you title “Me, my cat Bella, and my computer” (crop the computer out so it is just you and Bella along with cropping off your ear and crop the young Bella’s Photo a tad (which is very minute amount) to match the size – top and bottom) and now you have a size reference with your hands as how Bella has grown through the years, plus you have strong vertical lines on each image. Makes for a very strong storytelling diptych.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Thanks Belinda.I tried flipping it. I didn’t really like having the two opposites so close together. I felt like it left the rest of the frame feeling empty. Plus, I would then have to deal with all of the verbiage on the box because it’s then backwards. I don’t know. It feels unbalanced to me this way.

Other Opinions?

Robert Apple

I do like it better like this and the verbage isn’t really noticeable, even if your looking for it. I feel like it forces your eyes into the photo like this and the other way  reading it left to right my eyes just kept on going right out of the photo.

Frogdaily
        Participant

I see what you are saying … I do like the cats facing each other better but the verbiage on the box does create a problem… perhaps another photo shoot with Bella is in order

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.