Another Double Exposure

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Another Double Exposure

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mistyisle
      Participant

This time on an Indian theme.  The colours here are very bright (too bright??).

Rip into it, folks!

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Hi there, this is quite an unusual take on double exposure, because it looks like a single photo with a reduced opacity for the selection (the person in the foreground). Because of that, it gives a very strange vibe, as if the person was a ghost. I’m not sure if that’s what you wanted to achieve.

If I were you, I would make this double exposure a bit more complex by including more elements (maybe semi-transparent ones) in the foreground or background – it’s up to you. I think that would make this image more visually engaging.

Federico Alegria
      Participant

The trick with double and multiple exposures is to use whole images as composition blocks that will build upon a larger composition. What Jasenka pins out is extremely valuable, this shot deserves a higher level of complexity, otherwise it stays in the “interesting trick” zone. Sometimes scale differ and make it even odder to juxtapose or blend two images together, don’t forget to compose your shots with the other photos in mind. Personally speaking I think that images within double exposures should always correspond to each other. I think that the big sign above is pulling away the viewer’s attention too much. The portrait of the person is nice, maybe you should look for a cleaner scenario to blend them both.

Thanks for sharing mate!

Mistyisle
      Participant

Excellent suggestions and comments, Jasenka and Federico!  This is the reason why LS and ST are so great!   Much appreciated.  🙂

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Jim, Jasenka end Frederico have very valid point.
      My question is, what were you trying to achieve? What story are you telling?
      If your story is when you eat vegetarian (Indian) food you fade away, then you have succeeded.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.