Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      John Thompson

From Monday.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Love the low camera angle on this!

John Thompson

Thank you Kent.  It is not easy getting my frame down that low but it makes so much of a difference in the final product.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Great perspective and composition John. Love it 🙂

John Thompson

Thanks Dahlia.  The problem is all the scrub desert brush that is everywhere because of the wet spring we had.  I cannot get all the tree in a shot.  Oh well….

Tersha
      Keymaster

I can’t imagine getting bored of looking at Joshuas, lovely shot John!

John Thompson

Thank you Diane.  It is funny you say that.  Sometimes when I am down I just go out and sit and look.  I never tire of seeing this area.

P71
      Participant

Agree great low angle john , nice photo sir.

beth
      Participant

great pov.

Bruce Gordon
      Participant

Very nice John. As always!!

Tom M
      Participant

I love this John. You’re shots are always so sharp. I know this isn’t ST, but the white streaks on top detract from a wall hanger of a photo…

John Thompson

Thanks Tom.  I strive to make my photos sharp.  That is one of the reasons I use only prime lenses and always shoot from a tripod.  As I have stated before all of my lenses are bought used off of eBay.  I have filtered through a few that were not up to my expectation by selling them and buying another until I have a series of very nice lenses.

Robert Apple

Another nice one John, my daughter got me a Joshua Tree Bonsai for fathers day, I intend to take it around some day on a photography adventure  and shoot it in different locations, probably not until next year though as we got or first snow this morning , getting a bit cold for that little guy.

John Thompson

That might be a fun adventure Robert.  Snow already Wow.  Our temps are mid 90’s which is a break for us and our electric bill.  I was out yesterday but did not bring anything home worth looking at.  I am out of practice since I stayed in most of August.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.