Another Kind of Storm

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Fred Furze
      Participant

A Different Kind of Storm

Crowded skies at a Miami intersection. This is not an uncommon sight in South Florida, where it seems ALL birds come to spend the winter.

I took this from my car as I was driving by. It was twilight, so the light was vanishing fast.

ISO 400
      F /4.5 ‘ish
      250 shutter speed

I have been wanting to take one of these pictures for some time now. I would have liked to have been more prepared, perhaps setting the camera up in a more interesting place, instead of just braced against the steering wheel, and shooting through a dirtyish front windshield, while waiting for the light to turn.

Critique and comments welcome

Fred Furze
      Participant

A Different Kind of Storm

Not sure why the HTML link is not working…?

Adrienne Siebert
      Participant

The frame is taking away from your photo IMO.
      The pole is a strong element in the photo and distracts from what is going on. So do the palm fronds. However, I like the pole there. lol
      Otherwise, I would have expected it to be much worse in IQ being shot through glass in a running car.
      Great choice for B+W and I like the moodinesss that the grain/noise adds to it.

The Falx
      Participant

Considering the shooting circumstances I would think you are well pleased…it has a certain bizarre and surreal feel which is not unlikeable…..crop the roof in the foreground would imo be an improvement

John Thompson

And scrap the frame.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author