- February 26, 2014 at 8:33 pm #124661Fred FurzeParticipant
Crowded skies at a Miami intersection. This is not an uncommon sight in South Florida, where it seems ALL birds come to spend the winter.
I took this from my car as I was driving by. It was twilight, so the light was vanishing fast.
F /4.5 ‘ish
250 shutter speed
I have been wanting to take one of these pictures for some time now. I would have liked to have been more prepared, perhaps setting the camera up in a more interesting place, instead of just braced against the steering wheel, and shooting through a dirtyish front windshield, while waiting for the light to turn.
Critique and comments welcome
- February 26, 2014 at 8:39 pm #124662Fred FurzeParticipant
- February 26, 2014 at 8:52 pm #124667Adrienne SiebertParticipant
The frame is taking away from your photo IMO.
The pole is a strong element in the photo and distracts from what is going on. So do the palm fronds. However, I like the pole there. lol
Otherwise, I would have expected it to be much worse in IQ being shot through glass in a running car.
Great choice for B+W and I like the moodinesss that the grain/noise adds to it.
- February 27, 2014 at 3:59 am #124701The FalxParticipant
Considering the shooting circumstances I would think you are well pleased…it has a certain bizarre and surreal feel which is not unlikeable…..crop the roof in the foreground would imo be an improvement
- February 27, 2014 at 2:10 pm #124738John ThompsonModerator
And scrap the frame.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.