Archilochus colubris

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Rob Eyers
      Participant

Ruby Throated Hummingbird.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted. This summer is a blur. These are from my  wife’s feeder.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

John Thompson

Well done Rob!  Very nice.  Sharp and almost posing.

Rob Eyers
        Participant

Thanks John. They are quite used to us being around so they tend to sit for a few minutes and drink.

Anonymous

Humming Birds (or as I like to call them, Buzz Birds) are always a great subject. Well captured. We mostly have the “Anna’s” birds here in Phoenix, they look similar, but are smaller. Too Hot* for me to be out right now but latter this fall. 😉

Rob Eyers
        Participant

It’s been hot here in the great white north too Craig. I’ll have to look up Anna’s birds. These guys are about 3 inches (7-9 cm) tall.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Rob, I like the first one best. No ST but I would perfer a tad dodging of the head and eye. Good shot.

Rob Eyers
        Participant

I prefer the first as well Erik. The second just shows the throat colour more. I would process the first further but the ISO was necessarily high. Any more dodging and the noise becomes horrible. Maybe I’ll set up a flash so I can reduce the ISO on a future effort.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Rob, this is amazing. I love the rich colours as well 🙂

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Beautiful! Love the first one!

Rob Eyers
        Participant

Thanks Kent. The first has issues but I know what needs to be done so as always…a work in progress.

P71
      Participant

Can only say i love your photography skills and when i come away from viewing i’m always feeling inspired , Great share Rob thanks.

Rob Eyers
        Participant

Thanks P71. You’re too kind. Much appreciated

Robert Apple

Nice Capture Rob, we don’t get too many here, at the old place in Colorado I remember counting 34 buzzing around my wife’s feeders one evening. She had over a dozen set up and filled them every day.

Rob Eyers
        Participant

Thanks Robert. A place we visited on the Bay of Fundy had many feeders out as well and the number of hummingbirds that were constantly around was amazing. We only get the Ruby Throat variety here. I’m thinking of adding some more feeders.

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Such a stunning image and this bird seems to be a great model 🙂

Rob Eyers
        Participant

Thanks Jasenka. We’ve been seeing the females around a lot but this was the first male. He seemed to be more comfortable with sitting and posing for a while. I had a good 20 seconds to take his photo.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.