- August 6, 2019 at 7:54 am #416180
Ruby Throated Hummingbird.
It’s been a while since I’ve posted. This summer is a blur. These are from my wife’s feeder.
- August 6, 2019 at 7:55 am #416181
- August 6, 2019 at 9:29 am #416201John ThompsonModerator
Well done Rob! Very nice. Sharp and almost posing.
- August 6, 2019 at 11:52 am #416229
Thanks John. They are quite used to us being around so they tend to sit for a few minutes and drink.
- August 6, 2019 at 9:31 am #416202Anonymous
Humming Birds (or as I like to call them, Buzz Birds) are always a great subject. Well captured. We mostly have the “Anna’s” birds here in Phoenix, they look similar, but are smaller. Too Hot* for me to be out right now but latter this fall. 😉
- August 6, 2019 at 11:55 am #416230
It’s been hot here in the great white north too Craig. I’ll have to look up Anna’s birds. These guys are about 3 inches (7-9 cm) tall.
- August 6, 2019 at 10:26 am #416216Erik FransmanParticipant
Rob, I like the first one best. No ST but I would perfer a tad dodging of the head and eye. Good shot.
- August 6, 2019 at 11:58 am #416232
I prefer the first as well Erik. The second just shows the throat colour more. I would process the first further but the ISO was necessarily high. Any more dodging and the noise becomes horrible. Maybe I’ll set up a flash so I can reduce the ISO on a future effort.
- August 6, 2019 at 10:42 am #416222Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Rob, this is amazing. I love the rich colours as well 🙂
- August 6, 2019 at 11:58 am #416233
- August 6, 2019 at 11:55 am #416231Kent DuFaultParticipant
Beautiful! Love the first one!
- August 6, 2019 at 12:00 pm #416234
Thanks Kent. The first has issues but I know what needs to be done so as always…a work in progress.
- August 6, 2019 at 3:57 pm #416247P71Participant
Can only say i love your photography skills and when i come away from viewing i’m always feeling inspired , Great share Rob thanks.
- August 7, 2019 at 8:10 am #416305
Thanks P71. You’re too kind. Much appreciated
- August 6, 2019 at 4:34 pm #416252Robert AppleModerator
Nice Capture Rob, we don’t get too many here, at the old place in Colorado I remember counting 34 buzzing around my wife’s feeders one evening. She had over a dozen set up and filled them every day.
- August 7, 2019 at 8:13 am #416306
Thanks Robert. A place we visited on the Bay of Fundy had many feeders out as well and the number of hummingbirds that were constantly around was amazing. We only get the Ruby Throat variety here. I’m thinking of adding some more feeders.
- August 7, 2019 at 5:53 am #416297JasenkaGKeymaster
Such a stunning image and this bird seems to be a great model 🙂
- August 7, 2019 at 8:16 am #416307
Thanks Jasenka. We’ve been seeing the females around a lot but this was the first male. He seemed to be more comfortable with sitting and posing for a while. I had a good 20 seconds to take his photo.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.