- November 26, 2018 at 5:54 pm #376959
- November 26, 2018 at 6:25 pm #376962
I can’t unsee this Erik…thanks?
- November 27, 2018 at 10:33 am #377043
I thought the same thing Rob. Eric how could you?? LOL!
- November 27, 2018 at 11:12 am #377046
Such an interesting man. The lighting is dramatic and certainly plays well to his physique, which is what caught your eye I’m sure. Still… something seems missing here. Maybe consider a tighter crop? So, that the man is much more prominent within the frame. As interesting as he is… in my mind he is really lost against that background.
- November 27, 2018 at 12:52 pm #377052
This is what street photography is about, the unseen everyday moments of life. I really would love to see this in a horizontal shot rather than the squared format. This is just my taste talking, but if your intention was to keep a 1:1 ratio, then there is no problem at all, however, a wider crop would see much better since one of the shadows has been “decapitated”.
Thanks a lot for sharing this image with us.
PS: I’m wondering, how does this look in the classic chrome profile?
- November 27, 2018 at 1:45 pm #377064
Sorry I forgot this was in the ST when I made my post.
- November 29, 2018 at 6:36 pm #377509
Thank you for commenting. I will try your suggestions but need some time. I am in the middle of two film productions, so no spare time to work on photos.
Just two quickies: A horizontal shot and a tighter crop.
- November 29, 2018 at 6:38 pm #377510
- November 30, 2018 at 12:38 am #377554
🙂 The guy on the left looks like a sumo wrestler. I like the tighter crop better…
- November 30, 2018 at 12:56 am #377558
Agreeing with Tom…
- November 30, 2018 at 9:36 am #377657
Me too. I like the tighter crop. Now every nuance of his features can be studied, and it doesn’t lose the context of where he is.
- November 30, 2018 at 10:18 am #377665
The guy in the right side background and the sloping awning next to him draw my eye away from the foreground.
- November 30, 2018 at 11:27 am #377680
I like the cropped version too.
- November 30, 2018 at 3:10 pm #377722
Much better crop for me!
- December 9, 2018 at 8:23 pm #379308
Interesting slice of life image. Agree with others re close crop. Also agree with Jay re fellow being a distraction (the white shirt fellow in background but in front of face/chest of guy on right). Maybe turn his shirt black?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.