- October 6, 2019 at 12:43 pm #421176
- October 6, 2019 at 1:04 pm #421180PatrickParticipant
Great work Rob , i like the sky as well with those yellows.
- October 7, 2019 at 9:10 am #421227
Thanks Pat. Glad the grey sky works for you.
- October 6, 2019 at 1:06 pm #421182Steve WalkerParticipant
Add to the landscape guidelines and recommendations: always watch your back.
- October 7, 2019 at 9:12 am #421228
Definitely a good rule to look behind. A good friend and photographer once told me to take establishing shots first before getting down working the scene. That has definitely changed how I go about things.
- October 6, 2019 at 2:51 pm #421184Anonymous
Gorgeous image. I’ve been told that a long time ago. “Allways turn around before you leave” . like this, I would have missed some great shots otherwise.
- October 7, 2019 at 9:15 am #421229
Absolutely agree Craig. As an example, it’s funny how many people stare at the sunset when often the scene behind is amazing in the glow of it.
- October 6, 2019 at 4:04 pm #421189TershaKeymaster
Lovely Rob, like Patrick said, the yellows and the sky go well together, and the detail is wonderful!
- October 7, 2019 at 9:15 am #421230
Thank you Diane.
- October 6, 2019 at 9:26 pm #421202bethParticipant
glad you got this one. love the little waterfall as the foreground.
- October 7, 2019 at 9:16 am #421231
Thanks Beth. Lots and lots of waterfalls weren’t there.
- October 7, 2019 at 6:05 am #421220JasenkaGKeymaster
Beautiful autumn colors! I also like the gray sky here.
- October 7, 2019 at 9:16 am #421232
Thanks Jasenka. We really lucked out with the fall colours.
- October 7, 2019 at 8:00 am #421223Petr NowakParticipant
Great image and place !!!
- October 7, 2019 at 9:17 am #421233
Thank you Petr.
- October 7, 2019 at 1:01 pm #421247Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Love this Rob. What a contrast between the landscape and the sky 🙂
- October 7, 2019 at 1:34 pm #421252Robert AppleModerator
Very nice rob.
- October 7, 2019 at 9:43 pm #421292FrankParticipant
Beautiful color. Makes me want to be there, and have storm gear ready! Because of the monochromatic look, this might work well as a black and white, too.
- October 8, 2019 at 9:25 pm #421359Graham HartParticipant
My first thought was…”How the hell am I going to I talk the wife into going to Iceland?” (She hates the cold). Love this one Rob, the colour, composition, silky water, subject matter….everything.
- October 9, 2019 at 2:24 am #421393Tom MParticipant
Nice Rob. The leading lines to the falls are excellent…
- October 9, 2019 at 11:53 am #421422John ThompsonModerator
Very nice Rob. Well framed and executed. This is one for the framers.
- October 10, 2019 at 6:08 pm #421473Gerald MurphyParticipant
An amazing shot but I have nothing new to add to all the compliments above that say it all.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.