Born In A Barn

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

On today’s adventure, we are going to showcase two scenes of abandoned beauty. These images try to impress a sense of melancholy through the message “what once was is no longer”.

Abandoned Barn - Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Silver Park Restaurant - Duncan BC Canada

As always, we invite you to visit our blog “Born In A Barn” for the story behind the photos.

You seem to be heading towards the “urban decay” genre, Toad.

A while back (a few years) I remember it was a huge thing in the HDR community after some folks took photographs at Chernobyl in HDR. Probably worth a google.

You seem to be heading towards the “urban decay” genre, Toad.

A while back (a few years) I remember it was a huge thing in the HDR community after some folks took photographs at Chernobyl in HDR. Probably worth a google.

Thank you SO much for your comments Rob, that means the world to us! I agree wholeheartedly about your comments, I believe that is the direction we’re going in here. It’s almost like I see a “dark beauty” through the lens. I am desperately trying to document things that once were thriving but now are on the verge of being gone. We have an upcoming post in the next day or so that highlights a building I had scouted and planned on getting to for a shoot. This had been in the works for several weeks. I arrived at the site last week to capture it… it was gone. The landscape is changing very fast around us and I feel utterly compelled to capture and document these things before they are gone forever and people forget about them…. it’s bigger than me, I can’t explain it, I feel compelled. I have made myself a reminder here to later today go and search for these Chernobyl pictures you mention! I am really looking forward to that, thank you so much for all your support and kindness…

Thank you SO much for your comments Rob, that means the world to us! I agree wholeheartedly about your comments, I believe that is the direction we’re going in here. It’s almost like I see a “dark beauty” through the lens. I am desperately trying to document things that once were thriving but now are on the verge of being gone. We have an upcoming post in the next day or so that highlights a building I had scouted and planned on getting to for a shoot. This had been in the works for several weeks. I arrived at the site last week to capture it… it was gone. The landscape is changing very fast around us and I feel utterly compelled to capture and document these things before they are gone forever and people forget about them…. it’s bigger than me, I can’t explain it, I feel compelled. I have made myself a reminder here to later today go and search for these Chernobyl pictures you mention! I am really looking forward to that, thank you so much for all your support and kindness…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.