- September 2, 2019 at 3:23 pm #418490ndjetfanParticipant
- September 2, 2019 at 4:34 pm #418502
Hi NDjetfan, Although I do like the flags in the BG, the sky is too overexposed and draws all my attention from the scene.
I also think the entire image can use some contrast and to bring out the action.
It looks like there is some cloning in the BG that becomes visible when you add contrast.
Anyway, a crop to a more cinematic aspect ratio works good here and gets rid of most of the artifacts in the BG. The image gets more impact. Especially when you see it a bit bigger. Please click for bigger.
Something like this:
- This reply was modified 9mo ago by Erik Fransman.
- September 5, 2019 at 8:20 pm #418785ndjetfanParticipant
I see what you mean
- September 6, 2019 at 9:19 am #418809Kent DuFaultParticipant
I love your rodeo pictures, Tim. Erik’s version does capture the color intensity better than your first version. However, I think he went too far. His PP has created some strange looking artifacts in the clouds, especially in the white areas. Also, it has generated a lot of noise that I don’t see in your original. So… somewhere in-between… I think. Cheers.
- September 6, 2019 at 6:03 pm #418870
Kent, you are right about the artifacts. But they are present in the original. It looks like there was some cloning in the org picture that Tim showed us.
If you look at Flickr and zoom in, you see lines in the sky that look like leftovers from cloning. With some patience and the org image, you should be able to get a better result.
- September 6, 2019 at 7:46 pm #418873FalxyParticipant
Your pp doesnt bother me….actually like it 🙂 ……….its the compo,have you cropped.
try cropping out the l/h figure for a far stronger image
- September 7, 2019 at 12:02 am #418906Robert AppleModerator
The BULL is clearly the hero of this story but with such a busy background he is a bit lost, I would crop in on the action, desaturate a bit to give it a gritty feel, target desaturate the wranglers red shirt in the background, massive eye snag, and who wears a red shirt in the Bull Pen anyway, bad bad Mojo.
I would then follow up with a targeted adjustment on the Bull, highlights, blacks, and contrast to define him as the main focal point.
This is what I would do, your vision may be different.
A quick edit on the old talblet.
- September 7, 2019 at 7:30 am #418918Rob EyersParticipant
My suggestions: clean up the sky and remove the flag poles. Desaturate the background a bit and change the colour of the guys red shirt as previously mentioned. Crank up the detail of the bull to make him look as nasty as he is. Crop and add a slight custom vignette. Great capture Tim.
- September 12, 2019 at 6:43 pm #419334Federico AlegriaParticipant
What I like about Rob’s version is the huge viewing attention the bull gets, especially the eye, that is the bulls-eye of the shot, jajaja.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.