Bumble Bee

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dave Watkins
      Participant

On Tall Verbena.

Tobie

Nice one Dave! Good close-up, nice colours!

Joanne Van Praag
      Participant

Great shot, love the wing action.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Wow! This is beautiful Dave. Love the bee and the pink flowers 🙂

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thank you Tobie, Joanne and Dahlia. Flowers in the garden are finally hitting their stride so more pollinators starting to stop by for a visit.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Beautiful crisp shot dave with wonderful colour. He looks great against the background.

Dave Watkins
        Participant

Thanks Graham. We’re hoping to get over to the coast when things start opening up again. In the mean time photo ops pretty much limited to bugs, birds and flowers. 🙂

Anne Hornsby
      Participant

Quite amazing, Dave.   I spent some time looking at this enlarged.   The detail of the hairs on the legs is great – really shows how they can carry pollen.   That eye fascinates me.   Great wing blur – bee busy at work!    Just got a sting yesterday from one in our garden – I’m not allergic so just have 2 purple blotches.   I love to watch them working, like this image shows!

Dave Watkins
        Participant

It means a lot that you liked this image enough to take the time to study it in detail. Thank you. I’ve found a bit of a fascination with insects from time spent photographing them. Especially the pollinators. Sorry to hear about the sting. I’m glad I’m not allergic to them either. Thanks again Anne. 🙂

Beaky
      Participant

Great shot Dave @pentaxfan

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author