Caldea Spa III, Andorra La Vella.

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Caldea Spa III, Andorra La Vella.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Erik Fransman 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Her a full view of the church looking spa.
    Fujifilm X-T3, 1/60s, f/14, 16mm, Iso 160.

Click for bigger:
    Caldea Spa, Andorra La Vella

Dorothy
    Participant

Hi Erik: all 3 of the Spa photos are great and a little hard to critique as they are like looking at paintings.

i am no expert but here are my thoughts, this photo (III) shows the very geometric essence of the spa but the sky seems a little too textured.  i saw in (I) it was overcast and rainy so perhaps it did look like this, i think there are bits of sunlight on bits of the building so the heaviness/dullness of the sky doesn’t seem quite right.

photo (I) when i enlarged it my focus was drawn to the person carrying their dog, other than that it was really hard to figure what i was looking at without your description.

photo (II), i saved this for last as it is my favorite of the three. i can see the entrance to the building and the colors and mixture of triangles and squares really has an artistic feeling, if i were to guess i would have said it was the entrance to an art museum. everything is clear and sharp and then there is just enough sunset sky to soften  the image.

– Ok, all that said, like i said, hard to critique and i thank you Erik for the challenge :-).  Oh btw i am unable to even make suggestions as i feel my critique is strictly in the eye of the beholder.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Dorothy, thank for your comments.

True, the sky is a little textured. I pulled back the haze slider to bring out some of the clouds. However, that the sky is different in the other pictures has nothing to do with that.

It is in the mountains at 3500 ft high and the sky changes constantly. And often enough if you look in front of you it can be cloudy and behind you sunny.

Still, maybe pull back a bit on the haze slider.

About photo II (or actually all): When you approach the building from a distance it looks like a modern church. The first thing you see (from the direction we came) are the colorful half balls on the side (see my photo: Ball Game) but that still does not give away what kind of building it is. It is just a bit strange on the side of a church.
      Then you get to the front and it indeed looks like the entrance of an art museum. Till you go in, then finally you see it is a spa and swimming pool.

Mistyisle
    Participant

Have only looked at this one so far, Erik.  Whilst I love all the geometric shapes and will not be commenting on the sky,  I would, if it were my image, be keen to remove, for want of a better word, the “clips” on the larger spire.  They tend to interrupt the appreciation of the structure.  I am a bit fanatical on things like this, so maybe you feel that realism must prevail – fine, if so!

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Jim, thank you. I am not quite sure what you mean by clips on the larger spire. I have no problem removing things if that makes the image better.

Anyway, it’s not a very special image. I just post it to show the structure of the building, so you can relate a bit more to the story. (From a distance it looks like a church, a.s.o.)
      That goes for the interior image of the pool as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.