Can someone tell me what is causing this in these photos

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Can someone tell me what is causing this in these photos

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  brittney 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

brittney
    Participant

I believe its banding noise but can’t eliminate it. 

Robert Apple

I don’t see it on my pc screen or laptop, do you have a larger resolution photo? Is it in all your photos? Did the problem just start? If so maybe the problem lies in a graphics card, screen, or your viewing software, As an example after the last LR update all my raws look very noisy and out of focus, I thought it was a camera problem at first as I discovered it right after transferring images from the memory card, but after reviewing them in other programs discovered it was a software update issue. They also appeared messed up in the windows explorer preview. If your not already try looking at them in the photo development software provided by the manufacturer of your camera.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

I can’t see it either. It it showing up in the image file? Or, only when you print it with your printer?

brittney
    Participant

OH, i didn’t even think of this…. its showing on all my screens which one is in lightroom, one is on a dell desktop.

brittney
    Participant

It is on any photos that don’t have a really close subject. So, I took this using a 50mm 1.8 and cropped it, but none of my close range ones are showing it.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Showing what? Exactly what do you think might be banding noise?

brittney
    Participant

It almost looks like the photo is vibrating… if that makes sense. It doesn’t seem crisp or clear.

Craig
    Participant

I’m not seeing anything unusual here either

Dave Watkins
    Participant

Are you talking about the background not being in focus? Or the kids not being exceptionally sharp?

brittney
    Participant

It must be my computer screen then. I will check on my mac when I get home.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.