Canal Pride Amsterdam 2019

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Canal Pride Amsterdam 2019

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Erik Fransman
      Participant

Saturday was the Canal Pride Amsterdam 2019.
      The Canal Pride used to be the Gay Pride, now it is the Canal Pride, although as you can see, it is still fairly gay.
      A few 100 thousand people came to the city. I usually avoid these very busy events. It takes place less than a kilometer from my home. Last Saturday I decided to take a look.

I was pleasantly surprised. What I especially liked, was the fantastic atmosphere, the way I imagined the 60’s. It was all love, peace, happiness and music.
      I wanted to photograph the immensity of the crowd jam-packed around the canals  and the fun that they were having.
      So here are some images. Please Click images individually for Flickr. (Bigger is better)

Canal Pride 2019 Amsterdam

Federico Alegria
      Participant

Thanks for sharing mate! my favorite is number 12.

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

I have to agree with Federico, number 12 looks really stunning.

The event itself looks cheerful, which made me smile. Gay Pride events here in Serbia aren’t fun since there are many police officers around.

Erik Fransman
        Participant

Jasenka, there was one boat depicting police violence against LHBTIQAPC all around the world.

John Thompson

Excellent Erik.  I must admit that I never ventured out on Gay Pride Day but did a few times on Koninginnedag.  Which is now Konig Dag???

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.