- August 5, 2019 at 5:53 pm #416100Erik FransmanParticipant
Saturday was the Canal Pride Amsterdam 2019.
The Canal Pride used to be the Gay Pride, now it is the Canal Pride, although as you can see, it is still fairly gay.
A few 100 thousand people came to the city. I usually avoid these very busy events. It takes place less than a kilometer from my home. Last Saturday I decided to take a look.
I was pleasantly surprised. What I especially liked, was the fantastic atmosphere, the way I imagined the 60’s. It was all love, peace, happiness and music.
I wanted to photograph the immensity of the crowd jam-packed around the canals and the fun that they were having.
So here are some images. Please Click images individually for Flickr. (Bigger is better)
- August 5, 2019 at 7:06 pm #416104Federico AlegriaParticipant
Thanks for sharing mate! my favorite is number 12.
- August 6, 2019 at 5:59 am #416149JasenkaGKeymaster
I have to agree with Federico, number 12 looks really stunning.
The event itself looks cheerful, which made me smile. Gay Pride events here in Serbia aren’t fun since there are many police officers around.
- August 6, 2019 at 9:28 am #416200John ThompsonModerator
Excellent Erik. I must admit that I never ventured out on Gay Pride Day but did a few times on Koninginnedag. Which is now Konig Dag???
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.