Cat Portrait

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Luis R. Lebron
      Participant

Here’s a picture of one of our cats. What do you think?

Prudencio_ls.jpg by Luis R. Lebron on Light Stalking

Luis

Jonathan
      Participant

Cute cat, but the shadows on its eyes make it a less than stellar shot. Cutting of the ears is also a but of a no no when taking pictures of animals.

P Marione
      Blocked

The black eyes give it a zombie look that is perfect for this week… 🙂

Ravi
      Participant

Sorry buddy, this is not a pleasing portrait. Shadows on the eyes, the framing, cropping all need correction.

Luis R. Lebron
      Participant

I agree with the shadows under the eyes. But I do not see any problems with the framing or the cropping. How would you change it?

P Marione
      Blocked

You certainly can’t cut the ear.

Ravi
      Participant

You can change the cropping if you cropped but retained the original. You can’t change the composition (framing) – you will have to take another photo for that.

Guy Housewright
      Participant

I would get down lower – eye level with the cat. The top down look does not work for me in this particular shot. Also, the table or whatever he/she is laying on is kind of distracting right in front of the cat’s head. Cute little one though!

Luis R. Lebron
      Participant

I entirely agree with a lower angle. However, trying to get a cat to sit still for a portrait is not an easy feat. I just took advantage of the fact he decided to lay on the computer chair to take his picture.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar