Chair at the Beach semi abstract.

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Chair at the Beach semi abstract.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Erik Fransman 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

The sun was just clearing a high-rise condo and lighting the chairs when I shot this.  The lines and contrast attracted me.   Is this bordering on abstract?

Chairs at the Beach

Mistyisle
    Participant

Very nice, Lenny, but a bit less of the waves would enhance.   Most certainly take off the top 0.5 centimetre,  but a bit more as well.  Really like the repeating patterns and the holes in the middle of the seats.  Also I like the light sand showing as the waves retreat.  The chairs are the heroes and the waves simply complement (not compliment)!

billyspad
    Blocked

I do not see this as abstract in any way but I do see a darn good shot. The chairs mimicking the movement of the sea is just superb. Agree the dark band at the top of the shot could be cropped.

Tersha
    Keymaster

I really like the way the chairs draw my eyes to move with the pattern, and the contrast between the loose waves of the sea and the rigid waves of the chairs. I agree with Jim and billyspad about loosing the dark band at the top.

3pco
    Participant

This is a really nice juxtaposition. Have you played with the crop not just to eliminate the dark band at the top, but also the rack holding the chairs?  Or clone it out. Then it would be truly abstract.

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

Thanks for the comments!

Jim, 0.5CM doesn’t mean much unless I know your screen size but I get the idea.  I need a square crop so I had to crop out one stack of chars.

Allen, cropping out the handrail didn’t work for me. Cloning them out and still have the lines of the chairs crisp and straight is beyond my PS skill level so I tell myself that I like the diagonal lines.

beach chairs cropped

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

Thanks Kent, so does my wife so I’m going to print it and frame it before she changes her mind.

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Lenny, abstract or not, I like it. The chairs are the waves in the shot.
    Well done.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.