City rush

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Petr Nowak
      Participant

Image from street workshop. CC?

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Hi Petr, this is a nice image, I like it.

You could slightly straighten the platform and crop off the person and the handrail on the right and a bit on the left just after the image in the board. The people in front of the four silhouetted people are distracting, but there isn’t much you can do about it I think as it is street photo 🙂

Preston
      Participant

Hi Petr,

I have to say good timing and composition for this shot. What really love is how the man in the sign appears to be watching the group of four silhouettes.  It has a “Big Brother” quality to it.  I feel it’s a fantastic use of a perceived leading line that walks me from the brightness of the sign to the darkness of the 4 people.

My main recommendation would be a tighter crop.  I feel that the railing and person on the right really don’t add much to the overall photo since they are separate from your main group.  Secondly, I would try to take some of the highlights out of the face on the sign to the left.  I think you lose a little too much detail in the one eye.  Here’s what I quickly came up with.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

I think it could be or could have been, improved if it were tighter and more focused on a single moment of action.

I think the areas in purple are unnecessary to your message and composition. I would propose an even tighter composition as indicated in yellow. (I don’t personally see the reflections at the top as being important.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

“Big brother”? Yes.

I didn’t crop to keep whole space. I keep railings and silhoutte on the right and wall on the left as eye stoppers.
      However I don’t see top reflections as important because very few people mention it. The left sign works well as an eye stopper especially because it plays its role. The right small sign can work as an eye stopper.
      Tighter crop makes image more flat. But it is flat from beginning – no any extra layers there. So no problem.
      Ok, the second try:

Kent DuFault
        Participant

I like this version better. I’m still ambivalent about the sign on the right. I just don’t think it’s necessary as relates to everything else. The person on the far right that is looking to the left (the tiny little head) is enough to force the eyes back inward.

JasenkaG
        Keymaster

I also think this crop works better, the original one had a bit too much going on.

Federico Alegria
        Participant

Now you have it!

Petr Nowak
      Participant

ok, thanks for all comments.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.