Craigdarroch Castle

Latest Posts Photography Forums Landscape Photography Craigdarroch Castle

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

A true and venerable castle sits nestled in the old part of Victoria, BC. Originally designed and built by the Dunsmuir Family, this heritage site remains one of Victoria’s most famous landmarks.

Craigdarroch Castle, Victoria, BC, Canada

These images were processed using HDR.

Good stuff. Not too overdone on the HDR which is good. 🙂

Kevin Hart
      Participant

These are beautiful.. I love the angle of the light in the top two. You’ve captured shadow and texture really well, yet you’ve also preserved color and detail throughout the whole frame with GREAT use of HDR.. the second is the best, I think. Strongest color, minimal lens distortion, and the shadows are best. Really like that the HDR isn’t over the top.

In the top image, I would’ve suggested zooming out just a tad to get everything in the frame, and then you could use the warp tool in Photoshop to correct some of the lens distortion. I do love the color and angle of this shot too, though. 🙂 (Actually, the more I look at it the more I like it how it is, but it’s worth experimenting with, no?)

I love critiquing pictures, I hope you didn’t mind 🙂

I have goosebumps here reading all your kind words today, my friends! I absolutely need the critique, especially like the one given here by khartphoto, I sincerely appreciate that. I am new to HDR processing and all your experience and kind words mean a lot to me, especially coming from someone with expertise and experience! I am honored this morning, thank you all. 🙂

And with all that being said, I really think I *have* to get Photoshop here soon… I am using a rudimentary tool for my post-processing that isn’t HDR related.

What software are you using?

Ummmm….. LOL I am currently using Photomatix for the HDR post processing and Paint Shop Pro. It came with our computer as one of those free apps you get with computers these days. My strength isn’t in graphics art anyways, so up till now I haven’t given it much thought….. Paint Shop Pro let’s me do some rudimentary stuff and it’s darned easy to use, but that’s because I am sure it’s so very limited….

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.