- December 3, 2018 at 1:25 am #378096
The fact that Diederick Cuckoos do not raise their own chicks has no negative affect on their art of ‘making love’, for a lack of words. The female would sit at one spot, waiting patiently for the male to go and fetch their favorite meal (usually some kind of hairy caterpillar) over and over again.
When he arrives with mentioned meal he would tease her by repeatedly moving the morsel just outside of her reach at the moment she tries to take it from him.
Eventually she would be driven into a state of submission, just begging for it – and of course an implied ‘reward’ if he accepts…
And only then he would hand it over to her.
- December 3, 2018 at 1:29 am #378097
Very good photos Tobie, and interesting story…
- December 3, 2018 at 1:33 am #378100
Thanks Tom! 🙂
- December 3, 2018 at 6:22 am #378140
Great photos Tobie, and goes to prove, there is no such thing as a free lunch.
- December 3, 2018 at 6:48 am #378141
- December 3, 2018 at 8:39 am #378161
Great sequence of shots!
- December 3, 2018 at 12:08 pm #378191
Thanks Kent! 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.