Do You Carry “Cheat Sheets”?

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Do You Carry “Cheat Sheets”?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

You know – a sheet of paper or card with camera information for specific situations in case you cannot remember etc? I don’t often use them, but I kind of like having a few as a security blanket.

I usually carry one that covers my specific camera.

I also have a couple of others for macro and landscape that I throw in my bag depending on what I am shooting.

I am looking for a good one on photographers legal rights here because there have been a few horror stories of photographers getting hassled by police and public for doing nothing wrong.

Do you guys have any that you use often?

Yes, I always have one with me but not once have I remembered I have it ! Also, the print is really, really tiny !!!

Yes, I always have one with me but not once have I remembered I have it ! Also, the print is really, really tiny !!!

Abe
      Participant

Cheat sheet! ???

I have never been hassled by police! The closest anything would be the time I was in a shop in Chinatown in Victoria BC. I was taking a shot of a figurine and over my shoulder the voice of the shopkeeper saying “Noooo Picture”. I was his shop so I did as he wished, I got one shot though! I was laughing about that for days!

Abe
      Participant

Cheat sheet! ???

I have never been hassled by police! The closest anything would be the time I was in a shop in Chinatown in Victoria BC. I was taking a shot of a figurine and over my shoulder the voice of the shopkeeper saying “Noooo Picture”. I was his shop so I did as he wished, I got one shot though! I was laughing about that for days!

You’ll often have trouble in China Town (anywhere) cos they sell a lot of rip-off labels etc. They get a bit upset about pictures of them breaking the law – same thing happens at Paddy’s Markets here in Sydney.

In general, if you’re standing on public property then you can shoot whatever you want (though I am not sure about Canada). Best to be sure though.

I have seen some heavy handed security guards here at the University of Sydney too. And there are a couple of cases of NSW police either not knowing the law or just being bullies.

You’ll often have trouble in China Town (anywhere) cos they sell a lot of rip-off labels etc. They get a bit upset about pictures of them breaking the law – same thing happens at Paddy’s Markets here in Sydney.

In general, if you’re standing on public property then you can shoot whatever you want (though I am not sure about Canada). Best to be sure though.

I have seen some heavy handed security guards here at the University of Sydney too. And there are a couple of cases of NSW police either not knowing the law or just being bullies.

Abe
      Participant

I can understand that could be the case sometimes. I was all the way in his shop near the back. I complied, after all, it was his shop! This is what I did get!
      http://www.pbase.com/zeusatolympus/image/114603702

I have been shooting in places that I was surprised I wasn’t approached by some sort of authority figure. I have been watched, but maybe they figured I was just an old guy with a camera.

I guess I am wondering what was going on when the U of S or the NSW police stepped in? How does one get in that situation? Just seems unless there is a big sign telling you “no cameras” that one would be good to go!

Abe
      Participant

I can understand that could be the case sometimes. I was all the way in his shop near the back. I complied, after all, it was his shop! This is what I did get!
      http://www.pbase.com/zeusatolympus/image/114603702

I have been shooting in places that I was surprised I wasn’t approached by some sort of authority figure. I have been watched, but maybe they figured I was just an old guy with a camera.

I guess I am wondering what was going on when the U of S or the NSW police stepped in? How does one get in that situation? Just seems unless there is a big sign telling you “no cameras” that one would be good to go!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.