Dog Gift

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Jay Ward 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Jay Ward
    Participant

My dogs brought me this gift yesterday. F9, 1/80, ISO 400, 18-70mm Sigma C.Green Iguana, invasive species

bucweeet
    Participant

Too bad about the softness in the edges on the underside of it and the out-of-focus on its back in the upper RH corner.   Otherwise a very nice image.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Wonderful colour. I agree the DOF is a little shallow but you got the eye which is the important bit.

Last time my dog brought me a lizard, it was disembowelled poor thing 🙁

Dave Watkins
    Participant

That’s such an amazing looking reptile with such amazing vibrant color the softness on the edges doesn’t really bother me. Also like the “streaking” background keeping the image from looking static.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

I like it Jay. Good shot. Nothing to add to the previous comments.

Jane
    Participant

Fantastic, vibrant shot, I love that its got a bit of leaf in its mouth.  The bluish background compliments the blue tones on some of its scales.

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Hi Jay,

I would add some more clarity to the colors and especially make the eye stand out.

Albirder
    Participant

This is a color extravaganza. How in the world did you get it to pose? The upper right background is distracting to me. I would try reducing the saturation in the red to minimize it.  Kudos to your dog!

Jay Ward
    Participant

The dogs had already had a pretty good go at it, and it was on it’s last legs. My wife was actually holding it over the weathered picnic table (blurred background).She told me not to post this.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.