Downtown Traffic

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

I don’t usually like photos of people from behind but I was more interested in showing the traffic and downtown.   The crop must remain 10×7.  I am happy to say that this is the last photo I am donating for a tourist calendar here in Mazatlan.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

The image definitely works better when displayed bigger. A space pops out from it. I like main subject and contrast to cars (car vs walk). Surfboard is a nice bonus.
      The only thing I miss is a better light situation but this was probably hard to get simultaneously with this man.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Hi Lenny, I like this image. You will have to straighten the verticals – not sure if you intentionally left it that way. Also, I feel the bottom left a bit distracting, but cropping it will crop off the person in the frame too!

Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

Petr, thanks for looking.  What do you mean ” a better light situation”?

Dahila, I tried cloning out the part of a car in the lower left but left it in to show “traffic”.  A toss up.  The RAW file has more of the car.  I wonder if I should crop larger and show more of it or remove it totally?

Dahlia Ambrose
        Keymaster

More of the car may look good I think Lenny. Maybe you should try, compare and see which looks beat 🙂

Petr Nowak
      Participant

@Lenny: “better light situation” – I wonder how it’d look during evening with different contrast (dark background, the man lighted by car lights, etc.). But this is definitely not critique of your origin image. Just thinking… 🙂

Jasenka G
      Participant

Hello Lenny, I think you should straighten the verticals and maybe reduce the sharpening a little bit, since the hair and muscles of this guy look slightly over processed, at least in my opinion. Other than that, it’s a great shot with vibrant colors.

Falxy
      Participant

Hey if the board is a bonus then we are talking 0.7 %

you take some great shots this aint wonna of them

Bruce Gordon
      Participant

Hey Lenny!

I’m thinking you are taller than average… I am as well, and I have found if I bend, or squat, to lower my camera to the level of my subjects, or slightly lower, I get a better perspective, which makes a more engaging image. I made the same comment on another of your images on ST. Try it and see if you like the results…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author