- October 30, 2019 at 11:56 am #423580
- October 30, 2019 at 12:05 pm #423581ElinLParticipant
Yess !!! My favorite waterfall of all, beautifully captured Rob ! Love both images equally.
Think they are planning to build a hydroelectric power-plant that will inevitably destroy Dynjandi and a great number of beautiful waterfall above it. Idiots !
- October 30, 2019 at 1:14 pm #423588
Thank you so much Elin. It truly is a beautiful spot.
To ruin it with development would be a crime. It really needs to be declared a national treasure. With so much geothermal in Iceland it makes no sense to jeopardize it.
- October 30, 2019 at 2:12 pm #423594Robert AppleModerator
Nicely done Rob.
- October 31, 2019 at 7:57 am #423664
- October 30, 2019 at 2:29 pm #423604Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Wow! I love the first image as it shows the whole scene. Beautiful colours as well Rob 🙂
- October 31, 2019 at 7:57 am #423665
Thank you Dahlia.
- October 30, 2019 at 4:25 pm #423610Gerald MurphyParticipant
Amazing shots. It must have been jaw dropping to see it let alone photograph it. Beautiful.
- October 31, 2019 at 7:59 am #423666
Thanks Gerald. It truly is a spectacular place. The view from the top looking back down the fjord is nice too.
- October 30, 2019 at 4:54 pm #423623TershaKeymaster
- October 31, 2019 at 7:59 am #423667
- October 30, 2019 at 7:06 pm #423629Bruce GordonParticipant
Fantastic images! I think the second is my favorite; the way the water texture differs from the upper fall to the lower. The touches of color really give the image depth and contrast. Beautifully captured! I hope the hike was great, as well!
- This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Bruce Gordon.
- October 31, 2019 at 8:06 am #423668
The hike was a pretty easy one with just a few steep sections. My mid 20’s daughter beat me to the top as usual though. My excuse was stopping to take photos but she’s not buying it.
- October 30, 2019 at 10:20 pm #423635PatrickParticipant
Fantastic Picture Rob , the scale is so impressive you captured it so well.
Congrats on another smashing photo ;).
- October 31, 2019 at 8:08 am #423669
Thank you Patrick.
There are a few people in the top image but they’re so small it’s hard to see them in the wider image. Maybe I’ll do a cropped version where that’s more obvious.
- October 31, 2019 at 8:24 am #423670
- October 31, 2019 at 8:57 am #423672
- October 31, 2019 at 10:08 am #423677Kent DuFaultParticipant
They’re all wonderful! You have too many fantastic shots of Iceland to pick a favorite, Rob!
- October 31, 2019 at 1:16 pm #423700Tom MParticipant
What Kent said,Rob. Excellent…
- November 4, 2019 at 6:53 pm #423967bethParticipant
nice shots of the falls!
- November 4, 2019 at 10:50 pm #423986Graham HartParticipant
These are simply amazing shots Rob. What I like most about them, apart from the stunning beauty of the landscape is how the images show the two different amounts of ‘silky-ness’ between the upper, shorter fall of water and the lower, longer fall and then the babbling water at the bottom. The second pic in particular grabs me for this reason. Should be in every text book about the silky water effect 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.