Dynjandi

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Rob Eyers
      Participant

Dynjandi is called the jewel of the west fjords. There are several waterfalls below this veil shaped waterfall. Here are a couple captured on the hike up.

Dynjandi Waterfall - The West Fjords - Iceland

ElinL
      Participant

Yess !!! My favorite waterfall of all, beautifully captured Rob ! Love both images equally.
      Think they are planning to build a hydroelectric power-plant that will inevitably destroy Dynjandi and a great number of beautiful waterfall above it. Idiots !

Rob Eyers
        Participant

Thank you so much Elin. It truly is a beautiful spot.

To ruin it with development would be a crime. It really needs to be declared a national treasure. With so much geothermal in Iceland it makes no sense to jeopardize it.

Robert Apple

Nicely done Rob.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Wow! I love the first image as it shows the whole scene. Beautiful colours as well Rob 🙂

Gerald Murphy
      Participant

Amazing shots. It must have been jaw dropping to see it let alone photograph it. Beautiful.

Rob Eyers
        Participant

Thanks Gerald. It truly is a spectacular place. The view from the top looking back down the fjord is nice too.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Wonderful Rob!

Bruce Gordon
      Participant

Fantastic images! I think the second is my favorite; the way the water texture differs from the upper fall to the lower. The touches of color really give the image depth and contrast. Beautifully captured! I hope the hike was great, as well!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Bruce Gordon.
        Rob Eyers
        Participant

Thanks Bruce.

The hike was a pretty easy one with just a few steep sections. My mid 20’s daughter beat me to the top as usual though. My excuse was stopping to take photos but she’s not buying it.

Bruce Gordon
          Participant

Glad you had a good day with your daughter! Mine is 21, and I’m lucky she’s a ‘flatlander,’ so I have the advantage of being a bit more acclimated on our mountain hikes. Lol

Patrick
      Participant

Fantastic Picture Rob , the scale is so impressive you captured it so well.

Congrats on another smashing photo ;).

Rob Eyers
        Participant

Thank you Patrick.

There are a few people in the top image but they’re so small it’s hard to see them in the wider image. Maybe I’ll do a cropped version where that’s more obvious.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Here is a cropped version to show scale. The two figures are easier to see in this version. One is on the cliff below Dynjandi and the other figure is to the right of the second falls.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Two more to give you a sense of the place.

A view from the top looking back.

Dynjandi Waterfall - View from the top - Iceland

Dynjandi from a different angle.

_V4A5696.jpg

Dahlia Ambrose
        Keymaster

The colours are amazing Rob. Must have felt great to be there 🙂

Kent DuFault
      Participant

They’re all wonderful! You have too many fantastic shots of Iceland to pick a favorite, Rob!

Tom M
      Participant

What Kent said,Rob. Excellent…

beth
      Participant

nice shots of the falls!

Graham Hart
      Participant

These are simply amazing shots Rob. What I like most about them, apart from the stunning beauty of the landscape is how the images show the two different amounts of ‘silky-ness’ between the upper, shorter fall of water and the lower, longer fall and then the babbling water at the bottom. The second pic in particular grabs me for this reason. Should be in every text book about the silky water effect 🙂

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.