- October 21, 2019 at 6:14 pm #422758
- October 22, 2019 at 3:45 pm #422837TershaKeymaster
I know it’s the Shark Tank, and I’ve looked and looked, but I can’t find anything to suggest. I like it a lot.
- October 22, 2019 at 4:01 pm #422843PrestonParticipant
The one sticking point for me is that bright speck of light in the sailboats on the left. Try darkening it since I don’t think it fits with the overall left side shadows. Other than that, I like the overall composition. Nice shot Erik!
- October 22, 2019 at 5:04 pm #422845Rob EyersParticipant
Unusual for a sunset to be b&w Erik…nice twist and it works IMO.
Besides Preston’s bright spot I would add the object in the water on the right hand edge just above the dock and a couple of con trails that don’t need to be there.
- October 22, 2019 at 5:44 pm #422849
- October 23, 2019 at 3:06 pm #422947Tom MParticipant
My thoughts are- it’s very grainy and the 2 streaks running through the center are very distracting. I do like the composition though. Could have been a very good photo…
- October 23, 2019 at 4:48 pm #422963
Hi Tom, thanks for responding. I do not see the grain you talk about. Even when I click Flickr and zoom in. What do you mean?
The 2 streaks running through the center, uhm, I like them a lot. Sorry they are distracting for you. For me, they are an addition. They enhance the power of the sun. Without it feels a bit flat and empty. (well IMHO)
- October 23, 2019 at 5:13 pm #422967Petr NowakParticipant
Erik, the only one distractions I see is the yacht on the left. I’d mask it completely to keep all border black. Otherway great capture of situation and mood.
- October 23, 2019 at 8:40 pm #422981Bruce GordonParticipant
I don’t think the sailboat is an issue, when viewed large. The bright spot isn’t as bright. If I had to pick something, I’d say the airplane and con trail could be omitted… Other than that, I can’t offer anything to improve the shot!
- This reply was modified 7mo, 1wk ago by Bruce Gordon.
- October 23, 2019 at 10:41 pm #422988Tom MParticipant
Oops, my bad. As far as my thought on it being grainy, I guess I didn’t let it render long enough. I looked at it again, gave it an extra few seconds, and voila- it was sharp. Sorry…
- October 25, 2019 at 11:52 am #423102Lenny WollitzParticipant
Erik, this really looks good on a big monitor. My only ST comment would be the contrail but it’s no big deal. The lines on the deck are very nice. The light streaks make an average photo above average.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.