Enjoying the Sunset

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Enjoying the Sunset

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Lenny Wollitz 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Fujifilm X-T3, f/5.6, 10mm, ISO 160

Please click for Flickr, Bigger.
    Sunset Immenstadt, Large Alp Lake

Tersha
    Keymaster

I know it’s the Shark Tank, and I’ve looked and looked, but I can’t find anything to suggest. I like it a lot.

Preston
    Participant

The one sticking point for me is that bright speck of light in the sailboats on the left.  Try darkening it since I don’t think it fits with the overall left side shadows.  Other than that, I like the overall composition.  Nice shot Erik!

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Unusual for a sunset to be b&w Erik…nice twist and it works IMO.

Besides Preston’s bright spot I would add the object in the water on the right hand edge just above the dock and a couple of con trails that don’t need to be there.

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Thank you Diane, Preston, and Rob. Good points.

Here, new and improved: Click for Flicker. Bigger is better.
    Sunset Immenstadt, Large Alp Lake

Tom M
    Participant

My thoughts are- it’s very grainy and the 2 streaks running through the center are very distracting. I do like the composition though. Could have been a very good photo…

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Hi Tom, thanks for responding. I do not see the grain you talk about. Even when I click Flickr and zoom in. What do you mean?
      The 2 streaks running through the center, uhm, I like them a lot. Sorry they are distracting for you. For me, they are an addition. They enhance the power of the sun. Without it feels a bit flat and empty. (well IMHO)

Petr Nowak
    Participant

Erik, the only one distractions I see is the yacht on the left. I’d mask it completely to keep all border black. Otherway great capture of situation and mood.

Bruce Gordon
    Participant

I don’t think the sailboat is an issue, when viewed large. The bright spot isn’t as bright. If I had to pick something, I’d say the airplane and con trail could be omitted… Other than that, I can’t offer anything to improve the shot!

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  Bruce Gordon.

Tom M
    Participant

Oops, my bad. As far as my thought on it being grainy, I guess I didn’t let it render long enough. I looked at it again, gave it an extra few seconds, and voila- it was sharp. Sorry…

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

Erik, this really looks good on a big monitor.  My only ST comment would be the contrail but it’s no big deal.  The lines on the deck are very nice.  The light streaks make an average photo above average.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.