Great Balls of Barcode!

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Great Balls of Barcode!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Erik Fransman 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

Graham Hart
    Participant

These were from the Royal Show’s game arcade area. They were swirling around in a big pool of water. I think you had to snare one and see what prize number was inside? I took the pic because I liked the cascade of colours initially but after checking it out I preferred the B&W version.

P71
    Participant

Great looking fullscreen mate , lovely shot graham nice creativity with the angle 😉

Graham Hart
      Participant

Thanks Pat. I was a bit unhappy with the shot to be honest. I should have stopped down to get more focus front to back. Live and learn.

Would love to see it in colour too.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Here’s the colour version Rob (and everyone else).

I think I liked the B&W better because in colour, it just looks like a shot of some coloured balls after I cropped and edited it. The colour wasn’t as interesting as I’d imagined. I think the colour overides the shape and form which I think was the real attraction for me.

In B&W it becomes something more – like a jigsaw of light and shade (which Erik’s treatment has improved on btw).

Erik Fransman
        Participant

I like the color as well but the light is a bit off. Dark inside, lighter at the edge. It can also use a bit more punch: Click for a little bigger.

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Graham I like it. ST: I would like to see more contrast and some more brightness.
    And I can imagine it looks great in color too (if the light is favourable)

Graham Hart
      Participant

This is much better Erik, thank you. I wish I had used a smaller aperture to get more sharpness throughout.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Really interesting idea. I’d like to see it in color as well.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Thanks Kent, see above reply.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

So tempted to see in colour like everyone has mentioned Graham 🙂

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Oops, I see it is posted in General Photo Cjit Chat and not in ST. Sorry for my ST comment.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Very grateful for your comment Erik and your improved edit. I didn’t think it worthy of ST critique so I just posted it in Chit Chat.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.