- September 7, 2019 at 8:40 pm #418953
These were from the Royal Show’s game arcade area. They were swirling around in a big pool of water. I think you had to snare one and see what prize number was inside? I took the pic because I liked the cascade of colours initially but after checking it out I preferred the B&W version.
- September 8, 2019 at 1:10 pm #418991
Great looking fullscreen mate , lovely shot graham nice creativity with the angle 😉
- September 9, 2019 at 10:20 pm #419087
Thanks Pat. I was a bit unhappy with the shot to be honest. I should have stopped down to get more focus front to back. Live and learn.
- September 9, 2019 at 12:55 am #419015
Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
Would love to see it in colour too.
- September 9, 2019 at 10:32 pm #419091
Here’s the colour version Rob (and everyone else).
I think I liked the B&W better because in colour, it just looks like a shot of some coloured balls after I cropped and edited it. The colour wasn’t as interesting as I’d imagined. I think the colour overides the shape and form which I think was the real attraction for me.
In B&W it becomes something more – like a jigsaw of light and shade (which Erik’s treatment has improved on btw).
- September 10, 2019 at 3:37 pm #419145
- September 9, 2019 at 3:47 am #419017
Graham I like it. ST: I would like to see more contrast and some more brightness.
And I can imagine it looks great in color too (if the light is favourable)
- September 9, 2019 at 10:37 pm #419094
This is much better Erik, thank you. I wish I had used a smaller aperture to get more sharpness throughout.
- September 9, 2019 at 9:19 am #419022
Really interesting idea. I’d like to see it in color as well.
- September 9, 2019 at 10:38 pm #419095
Thanks Kent, see above reply.
- September 9, 2019 at 2:05 pm #419051
So tempted to see in colour like everyone has mentioned Graham 🙂
- September 9, 2019 at 4:59 pm #419075
Oops, I see it is posted in General Photo Cjit Chat and not in ST. Sorry for my ST comment.
- September 9, 2019 at 10:41 pm #419097
Very grateful for your comment Erik and your improved edit. I didn’t think it worthy of ST critique so I just posted it in Chit Chat.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.