Forum Software Was Updated for 1st Time in 6 Years

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Forum Software Was Updated for 1st Time in 6 Years

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I am guessing this is why we are having so many problem.

bbPress 2.6 Released After 6 Years, Includes Per-Forum Moderation and Engagements API

Patrick
      Participant

Happy days mate i knew you guys get it sorted , thanks very much 😉

Robert Apple

I had a feeling it was an update issue, felt like the crap I go through when Windows has a major.

beth
      Participant

don’t you love updates.  they bring about so many wonderful and undocumented features.

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Thanks for sharing this! I was literally going insane.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

My comments still aren’t nesting properly… Grrrrrr

I suspect that is because we use a nesting plugin. Now that the forum plugin has been updated, we need to wait for the nesting plugin to be updated. The joy!

The problem is that with such a long lead time on an update for the core plugin (bbpress), a lot of developers make addon plugins (like the nesting plugin) then forget about them. They don’t have to update their addons cos the main plugin isn’t updated.

Hence, when there is an update, everyone has no idea or has moved onto other things.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author

Rob is the founder of Light Stalking. His love for photography pushed him into building this fantastic place, and you can get to know him better here