- January 8, 2020 at 10:21 am #428532
We visited Deep Creek in the Great Smokies near Bryson City in October at what turned out to be the height of autumn color. Tom Falls is about 200 yards from the trail head and is one of 3 easily accessible waterfalls along the well tended trails. My wife called me over to use the overhead branch to frame the water.
- This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Steve Walker.
- January 8, 2020 at 12:07 pm #428547John ThompsonModerator
Nice one Steve.
- January 8, 2020 at 2:14 pm #428551Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Wow! Love it Steve. What a beautiful place to be! 🙂
- January 9, 2020 at 7:11 am #428590JasenkaGKeymaster
That’s a beautiful shot, those autumn colors look splendid!
- January 9, 2020 at 10:43 am #428603Dave WatkinsParticipant
Excellent light and colors. A very peaceful feeling. Such a beautiful spot.
- January 9, 2020 at 3:18 pm #428615
Thanks, folks. There is even a bench just out of the frame and you can sit for as long as you like.
- January 9, 2020 at 3:36 pm #428620TershaKeymaster
Beautiful shot Steve, I like the framing.
- January 13, 2020 at 12:44 pm #428887FrankParticipant
Nicely composed. Wonderful golden color. Makes me want to go there. (The water, especially at the top falls looks a bit grey to me…maybe try a dodge or some other way to brighten or whiten it a bit?) That branch really does add an interest. It is like a big arm leading us to the falls.
- January 13, 2020 at 3:09 pm #428906
Thanks, Frank. It is shaded up there, and the stream was thin making the rocks show through. Some of the leaves near that height are blown out, showing the difficulty in getting the whites bright. On a few images, I have used the adjustment brush to lighten the thin stream and should have here.
- January 14, 2020 at 12:00 am #428957Bruce GordonParticipant
Very nice, indeed! well done Steve!
- January 14, 2020 at 8:13 am #428992TobieModerator
Lovely spot Steve. I can see myself spending time there.
- January 14, 2020 at 1:37 pm #429020
There’s a nice little bench right there as well as some steps down to the water that make sitting easy. I’ll bet there is little foot traffic this time of year.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.