Have lost confidence in commenting upon the Weekly Challenge

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Have lost confidence in commenting upon the Weekly Challenge

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Mistyisle
      Participant

I have made a couple of comments, but luckily, they were about the latest images posted at that point in time, so they ended up in the proper sequence. However, in last week’s challenge, ‘Red’, my comments went to the end of the thread, not in the same sequence as the image(s) I had commented upon. In the past this has worked okay, but suddenly now when you choose ‘Reply’ to the image you want to comment upon – it ends up at the end of the thread. Why is the previous system not working – has anyone else noticed? – Surely!

chris pook
      Participant

noticed!

This is called nesting. There was a huge thread about it roughly a month ago.

In short, the update to Buddypress rendered the nesting function broken.

Not sure where it’s at @jasenkag?

Patrick
      Participant

Hi guys Preston saved the day and found a fix .. please look here it works 😉

https://lightstalking.us/forums/search/nesting/

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Preston found a work around for this. Hit reply on the post you want to reply to. After you end up at the bottom of the thread scroll back up to where you want to reply and click reply again. Thanks again Preston.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Too quick for me Patrick.  🙂

Patrick
        Participant

Please forgive me mate 😉 … had my shreddies today lol.

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

@admin This issue is supposed to be resolved with the plugin update. It works for me now (every time!) but it’s really strange that it doesn’t work for everyone. Please folks clear your browser cache and let me know if the issue is still there.

Rob Eyers
        Participant

Second test with Preston’s double click solution.

EDIT: This seems to be the only way to get a comment to nest properly…for me at least.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Rob Eyers.
      Rob Eyers
      Participant

Just a test after clearing cache.

EDIT: Clearing the cache didn’t seem to work for me Jasenka. I’m using Firefox 72.0.2(64-bit)

EDIT 2: Clearing the Cookies and Site Data for the LS site didn’t work either. Preston’s double click method seems to be the only way.

Just an opinion, but I feel like this issue is affecting participation. Could be wrong, but there seems to be a drop off in comments lately. It’s very awkward when one wishes to comment on a posting at the top of a long stream.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Hi Jasenka, it doesn’t work for me, I have to do Prestons ‘ hit reply twice’ .

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Sorry Jasenka. Clearing my cache didn’t work for me either. In my case even before clearing the cache when I clicked reply the dialog box would open where it is supposed to. Then seconds later I get sent to the bottom of the thread. I’m fine using the “Preston Double Click” method. In the grand scheme of things this is a very, very minor annoyance.

Patrick
      Participant

Hi guys same thing for me i need to do the double click on reply.

Just to say i clean my browser each day.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Patrick.
      JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know guys. I’ll keep working on this!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar