• Author
      Ann Braun Wheatley
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: Yes
        @skyriani

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hello all,

After a pause of several years, I’ve been rekindling a relationship with my Olympus OMD EM1.  Unfortunately I had neither the Oly nor a phone camera during many years spent traveling for work — but  I suspect that staying local may be a better way to learn.  I hope so.

The first photo(s) that got me hooked…my father’s marvelous portraits taken with a Leica. He had a knack for revealing character through perfect timing.

Photography is my meditation.

Along the track to Jack's Blowhole, the Catlins, New Zealand

Ann Braun Wheatley
        Participant
          @skyriani

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

And for the moderators….a couple of questions.

• Is there an FAQ somewhere that I’ve missed? Are there sizing guidelines somewhere for uploads –or should we not constrain ourselves?
          • As a loyal and user of Aperture, it was painful when Apple announced it would no longer contiue to develop the app.  I’ve finally made the choice to go with Luminar  for photo editing  and await the accompanying photo management module that will be released sometime this year.  Are there other users of Luminar/Skylum out there? If so, might we have a topic created for us to discuss/consult?
          Rob Wood (Admin)
          Keymaster
            • https://instagram.com/lightstalking
            • https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightstalking
            @admin-2
            • Photo of the Week Winner Icon
            • Mobile Maestro Icon
            • Contender Icon
            • Socialite Icon
            Allows Edits? Yes

Hi @skyriani

Yeah, when you click on the “Forum” nav link at the top, the FAQ should be the first thread you see. 🙂

I think you will find several Luminar addicts in this forum, so you’re in good company. May I ask why you prefer it to Lightroom? I will certainly be looking at it a lot harder when the management module comes out 🙂

Ann Braun Wheatley
            Participant
              @skyriani

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

I found this:  https://www.lightstalking.us/forums/topic/getting-started-faqs/  but didn’t see anything there about max image size, hence the question.

Why do I prefer Luminar to Lightroom?  Adobe’s subscription model repels me.  And coming from Aperture, I was looking for an app that felt intuitive to use.  I tried trial versions of  Photoshop and Lightroom long before choosing Aperture, and went with Aperture because of the great pricing combined with ease of use.  (I had never edited a photo before when  I made this choice!) After Aperture tanked, I was really upset. I avoided finding a new solution and this contributed to an unfortunate  several year long break from photography (silly me, but c’est la vie).  When the very reasonably priced Luminar made its debut, I downloaded the trial version, felt right at home and when they informed that the management module would be out, I decided to take the plunge.

Rob Wood (Admin)
              Keymaster
                • https://instagram.com/lightstalking
                • https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightstalking
                @admin-2
                • Photo of the Week Winner Icon
                • Mobile Maestro Icon
                • Contender Icon
                • Socialite Icon
                Allows Edits? Yes

Yeah, fair enough – I reckon they are going to grab a LOT of market share from Adobe when they release their management module because so many people were upset at Lightroom moving to subscription.

Ann Braun Wheatley
                  Participant
                    @skyriani

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

I’m hoping the management module is good.  At the moment my collection management is a real mess. I’m using Lyn as a bridging solution while waiting for Luminar to release the module.

Is Lightstalking sponsored by Adobe? (BTW, the link to the “About Lightstalking” page seems to be broken.)

I am very pleased to have found this community.  Before my photography hiatus I belonged to the aminus3 community and loved many aspects of it including the  constructive comments that people offered. Looking  regularly at the images posted by others is a great way to get inspired and improve composition.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author