- July 30, 2019 at 12:38 am #415422
I have just spent a few days in Addo Elephant Park. The days were unusually hot for winter but the upside to this is that the elephants love to come out and play. The waterholes dotted around the park were a hive of activity and I spent hours sitting and photographing their antics.
Below is one of the smallest baby elephants I have seen. The herd kept it hidden and protected by surrounding it but it would sneak a peek at me every now and then.
- July 30, 2019 at 12:50 am #415427Robert AppleModerator
Great Shot Charmaine, damn it, shark tank,got nothing.
- July 30, 2019 at 1:46 am #415434Erik FransmanParticipant
Great shot. Good model!
ST, no comment. What were the SS, aperture and focal length on the shot?
- July 30, 2019 at 6:49 am #415551
Hi Erik. Image was taken with a 400mm lens, Aperture f7.1, 1/125 second SS and ISO 400. I should have upped my ISO to freeze the motion in the trunk and that would have given me more sharpness in the trunk.
- July 30, 2019 at 5:39 am #415541Petr NowakParticipant
Great image. No comment…
- July 30, 2019 at 6:32 am #415546Kent DuFaultParticipant
Wonderful picture! You are so lucky Charmaine… the things you get to see and experience.
- July 30, 2019 at 7:06 am #415553
POTW I suspect. To be ST legal…maybe a twitch more space in the upper right corner plus some detail enhancement on the face and trunk. It could be a touch brighter as well. I’d show you but your profile says NO editing.
Lovely image Charmaine!
- July 30, 2019 at 7:41 am #415556
Another photo of the little ellie but this time framed by mom and bathed beautiful lighting.
- July 30, 2019 at 9:46 am #415560
This one really shows the contrast in size. Another great image.
- July 30, 2019 at 9:56 pm #415652Graham HartParticipant
Magnificent beasts and as Kent says, so lucky to have the opportunity to capture these animals outside of zoos. My only comment is a desire to see a slightly wider view in the first shot to add a touch more scale to it. It’s a desire I can deal with though because both shots are awesome.
- August 3, 2019 at 2:51 pm #415914Bruce GordonParticipant
Personally, I was so taken by the eye and the mouth, I never really looked at the trunk in the first shot, so the blur issue ins’t really a thing. The second shot; just wow. I don’t see how either image could be better.
- August 5, 2019 at 5:19 pm #416093MistyisleParticipant
Very nice image, Charmaine, almost a monochrome! The second one too.
- August 9, 2019 at 9:26 pm #416540FalxyParticipant
captured the story and our hearts…………….good work! 🙂
- August 10, 2019 at 4:14 pm #416587Lynne GuentherParticipant
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.