• Author
      Gray B
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: Yes
        @grayb

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hi gang,
        This is all pretty new to me. My love for creative expression through photography has had its ups and downs over the decades, but now that I’m retired, it’s in a big up swing. Love for this art began was a sailor during the Vietnam era while spending weeks at sea and not wanting to play cribbage with the sailors in the hold. Nikormat was my camera body and Vivitar lenses bought on leave in Japan. Anyone out there remember Nikormat? I did love the smell of fix in the darkroom in college, but now being somewhat of a techie, digital has me hooked and my new mirrorless is becoming my friend. I’ve been looking as some of your postings and quite frankly, I’m a little intimidated with the quality of the postings I’m seeing. Posting on Shark Tank is a bit of a risk I’m willing to take. I look forward to following you and push this renewed love affair to new levels.
        Thanks,
        Gray Buetzow

Tobie
          @tobiepsg
          • Contender Icon
          • Throwdowner Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome at LS, Gray! Nikormat rings a faint bell, perhaps from a time before I was interested in photography. Being retired is such an advantage as your time is your own! It’s my turn in 18 months and I’m looking forward to it so much! If the Shark Tank is a little intimidating then post a few shots in the other forums until you feel ready for the ST. There’s lots of fun to be had outside of the ST! Most important: participate and enjoy! 🙂

Gray B
          Participant
            @grayb

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Thanks for the warm welcome Tobie, I’ll look into other forums. BTW, retirement is a gas!
            gray

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author