I had to post something!

Latest Posts Photography Forums Landscape Photography I had to post something!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  John Thompson 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

John Thompson

Since I have not been out for a while I had to post something.  Here is an image from May.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

And I had to comment John because May looks like a great time to be in the south west and as usual your image is great.

John Thompson

Rob we had a mild May and June.  July is jumping up to normal but we had a beautiful spring and early summer.

P71
    Participant

Nice one John , i’m with Rob lovely shot from front to back .. Nice share sir 🙂

John Thompson

Thank you Patrick.  It is easy when all you have to do is point and shoot.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Beautiful landscape John. Don’t know if it’s rattle snake country but it gives me a yearning to go wandering through it and discover things.

John Thompson

There are not many rattlers out there just small lizards.  There is evidence of ground squirrels but I have never seen one.  We used to see roadrunners there but not anymore.

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

Wonderful landscape! The details and overall sharpness are amazing.

John Thompson

Thank you Jasenka.  You know me, details are my friends!

Robert Apple

Loverly John , great colors, I was just pondering Erik’s photo and trying to take this one to technicolor vibrancy and saturation.

John Thompson

I am not sure I follow Robert.

Robert Apple

I see you found his post,  Could be an interesting look , not that it needs any Improvement , looks great as is, just something different that could be done with all theses wonderful colors.

John Thompson

Ok I get it now.  I know what you mean.  I might try color grading just for the grins!!

beth
    Participant

stunning as usual!

John Thompson

Thank you Beth.  May was great for me in the desert.  I have many “wallys” that I have mounted and put up for display.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Beautiful photo John. Loving the foreground details 🙂

John Thompson

Thank you Dahlia.  Details are my friends!!

Erik Fransman
    Participant

I like your image John. I know it’s not ST but for me it can use a little bit more headroom. A pocito more clouds.

John Thompson

I will think of that the next time I am framing an image there.  I generally use a 28mm when shooting like this and that is what I used here.  I have a 24mm and a 20mm but they make the background look to small and far away.  I will work on that thank you Erik.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.