The Swing Set

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Graham Hart 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author

Graham Hart
    Participant

Petr Nowak
    Participant

Great image Graham! I like light at faces!!!

CC: I don’t like: cut legs at bottom. Clouds seems a little bit gray – I’d try move white point to the left a bit.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Thanks Petr. Yes those cut-off feet are a big disappointment and a bad fail on my part. Wasn’t paying close enough attention. I did a rough clone of the other feet to fix it up but it just looked like a clone in the end so I went with the cropped feet as is.

I made the sky a strong grey because I didn’t want the silhouettes to stick out on a lighter background too much. An attempt to soften the blow as it were. Perhaps I could have backed it off a bit more though 🙂

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Wow! Agree with Petr’s comment about the light on their faces. Beautiful image and atmosphere Graham 🙂

Graham Hart
      Participant

Thanks Dahlia. I thought this was a fair humdrum pic until I decided to check out a B&W treatment. That’s when the lit faces popped out at me so glad I did.

Tom M
    Participant

I do like the silhouette feel to this Graham. Good job…

Graham Hart
      Participant

Cheers Tom. Silhouettes are a genre I really like to explore. I’ve started making silhouettes out of everything no matter how mundane the image is in colour. Sometimes a gem emerges 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.