- September 1, 2019 at 10:47 pm #418422
- September 2, 2019 at 8:47 am #418453Petr NowakParticipant
Great image Graham! I like light at faces!!!
CC: I don’t like: cut legs at bottom. Clouds seems a little bit gray – I’d try move white point to the left a bit.
- September 3, 2019 at 10:46 pm #418640
Thanks Petr. Yes those cut-off feet are a big disappointment and a bad fail on my part. Wasn’t paying close enough attention. I did a rough clone of the other feet to fix it up but it just looked like a clone in the end so I went with the cropped feet as is.
I made the sky a strong grey because I didn’t want the silhouettes to stick out on a lighter background too much. An attempt to soften the blow as it were. Perhaps I could have backed it off a bit more though 🙂
- September 2, 2019 at 2:43 pm #418484Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Wow! Agree with Petr’s comment about the light on their faces. Beautiful image and atmosphere Graham 🙂
- September 3, 2019 at 10:50 pm #418642
Thanks Dahlia. I thought this was a fair humdrum pic until I decided to check out a B&W treatment. That’s when the lit faces popped out at me so glad I did.
- September 4, 2019 at 1:47 am #418650Tom MParticipant
I do like the silhouette feel to this Graham. Good job…
- September 4, 2019 at 8:08 pm #418714
Cheers Tom. Silhouettes are a genre I really like to explore. I’ve started making silhouettes out of everything no matter how mundane the image is in colour. Sometimes a gem emerges 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.