Industrial silhouette

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Industrial silhouette

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Petr Nowak
      Participant

Industrial silhouette with train rails… ICM. CC?

Federico Alegria
      Participant

Little to critique here, but I must tell you something, it feels like you are starting to master this technique mate, keep on going, plan your colours beforehand and leave little room to improvisation. I think by the end of 2020 you might have a nice collection of shots like this!

Tersha
      Keymaster

Petr, I should find something to suggest, but I can’t ….. I like this a lot!

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Hi Petr, this image works really well with the vertical and curved lines. Sorry, I cannot find anything in terms of critiques 🙂

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Thanks.

@Federico: well, I wonder about some exhibition or maybe a book…

P71
      Participant

Hi Petr , i agree with what everyone one has said it looks sweet , follow your gut feeling you are making some nice abstract work 😉

Thanks for posting.

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Wonderful abstract composition! I wouldn’t change anything in this case and I’m looking forward to seeing more of your abstract images.

Tom M
      Participant

Yes, I like this too. I have experimented with this before, but never could get it right…

Frank
      Participant

Playing around with color started by wanting to get more out of the sky, and also wanting to see more of those RR tracks lurking in the shadows.

1  added a curves adjustment which lightened all to bring out the tracks, but added a mask to keep the sky as its original tone.

2  add a curves adjustment to darken the image way down.  This suddenly tuned the lower horizon a deep reddish color, but the top of the sky still lacked color.

3  with the eye dropper tool, the new reddish color was sampled and then painted into the rest of the sky, using the Hard Light blending mode with a lowered Fill and Opacity which turned into more of an orange/yellow color for the sky

4  For more color, added a tricolor gradient map with dark blue orange, yellow and red, then a Soft Light blending mode and lowered opacity.

In short, play around with your abstracts and you can create a variety of  interesting versions!

If you only did one thing to your image, lighten the bottom half to bring the tracks out of the shadows.  What’s not to like about nice curving lines?  Those colored spotted lines are really neat, too.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Frank.
      Petr Nowak
      Participant

Great edit Frank. I’d like to have such a mastery of PP. I’ll try to reproduce your process purely for training purpose. I wonder if my CaptureOne can achieve that. Do you use PS ?

Tobie

I like it – can see it covering a huge wall somewhere in a public place. I’d probably choose Frank’s version if I was forced to choose.

Frank
      Participant

I do use Photoshop and used mostly all the colors found in the image.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Thanks for all comments. And especially for Franks edit… 🙂

Vincenzo
      Participant

I love this shot Petr. I think it is very powerful. I still prefer your version being the Frank edit great but a bit too much.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Thanks Vincenzo…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.