- June 13, 2019 at 1:49 pm #410815
- June 13, 2019 at 3:44 pm #410824
- June 13, 2019 at 5:03 pm #410825
Yours is nicer than mine! I love it. Living in Wales you have a lot of oppurtunity for shots like this. This is really nice.
- June 13, 2019 at 6:28 pm #410828
- June 13, 2019 at 7:29 pm #410837
Oh David well done! This is beautiful.
- June 13, 2019 at 6:43 pm #410833
These are all lovely , and agree wales is a real gem lived there for a while pembrokeshire area.
Nice topic folks.
- June 13, 2019 at 8:11 pm #410838
Another from me.
- June 13, 2019 at 10:16 pm #410847
But compared to others it is just plain ugly!
- June 13, 2019 at 8:52 pm #410839
I’ll post some when I get home to my hard drive.
- June 14, 2019 at 12:21 am #410855
No idea what I’m doing but here’s my first attempt using PS alone.
- June 14, 2019 at 6:50 pm #410931
Well except for the globs in the trees it is not bad.
- June 14, 2019 at 5:45 am #410866
These are really captivating, will try this for myself too!
- June 14, 2019 at 12:27 pm #410900
cadillac ranch in amarillo, texas.
an old file that claims to be taken in april 2004, but i know that isn’t right. it’s a raw file and i didn’t start shooting raw until after i went to ireland in 2006. i think it was probably taken in july or august 2007. i would have been in school on the other side of the country in april. ir converted canon 350d and sigma (or maybe tamron, can’t remember) 10-20mm. i found out after this trip that the af didn’t work right with that lens.
- June 14, 2019 at 12:55 pm #410904
That is why I used the Nikon 18-70mm recommended ny Lifepixel. It is not the best lens in the world but it seems to be adaquate from what I have seen so far.
- June 14, 2019 at 7:51 pm #410940
they didn’t have lens recommendations or even info when i played with ir. they barely had editing tips. i think there were 3 filter choices for canon or nikon (you could contact them about other brands) and they didn’t recommend sending a lens cause they didn’t do anything with them for calibrating. my canon lenses were all fine, but the superwide wasn’t.
- June 14, 2019 at 6:48 pm #410928
- June 14, 2019 at 7:45 pm #410933
Wow, I love this. Gotta admit I was struggling with my interest level in IR photography. Some pics just look like a negative to me and I couldn’t quite grasp the appeal which others do. Since watching this thread, I have noticed that IR pics can take any number of forms, sometimes the sky is black, sometimes blue. Sometimes the sky is left normal and the trees are only affected etc…
This pic has a sort of cross-over feel to it. It’s not a real representation……but it almost could be. I think the colour palette and the composition are fantastic and the image has a…….I dunno, a movie quality to it. A member’s pick for me!
- June 14, 2019 at 12:30 pm #410901
el rancho de las golondrinas outside of santa fe, nm. shot in ir and converted to b&w.
- June 14, 2019 at 12:56 pm #410906
I have converted some of my IR shots to b&w and they are much better than converted color shots. You need to play with them but I really like them.
This is nice Beth
- June 14, 2019 at 3:34 pm #410918
Not a normal IR image
- June 14, 2019 at 3:48 pm #410922
- June 14, 2019 at 7:48 pm #410936
excellent! i love all of the blue going on in this.
- June 14, 2019 at 6:48 pm #410929
So you did get out!! This is nice Diane. Well done. I am so dissapointed in my processing and then I thought perhaps it is the subjects. I tried to take some IR shots in the desert and they were trash. I need to rethink my outings.
- June 14, 2019 at 7:49 pm #410937
they’re probably not trash. i found it challenging to process ir images when i first started. keep at it and you’ll be happy soon.
- June 14, 2019 at 6:49 pm #410930
Magical , nice one.
- June 15, 2019 at 2:26 pm #411011
Confounded by the contemplation of minutia,
- June 20, 2019 at 3:51 pm #411688
Hi John, I really like the leaves detail in this, curiosity … did you process it to get the sky black, or was it night, or….?
- June 16, 2019 at 11:14 pm #411143
Thank you for doing this Throw Down John. i don’t do ir but was really interested to see what they look like. they are all pretty amazing.
- June 16, 2019 at 11:37 pm #411148
- June 19, 2019 at 3:39 pm #411537
- June 20, 2019 at 10:20 am #411647
works great in b&w.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.