InfaRed Photos Throwdown

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat InfaRed Photos Throwdown

This topic contains 34 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Tersha 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

John Thompson

Anyone else????

Tersha
    Keymaster

one from last year, processed today ….. (hopefully I’ll get out at the weekend)

IR bench

John Thompson

Yours is nicer than mine!  I love it.  Living in Wales you have a lot of oppurtunity for shots like this.  This is really nice.

One from a while ago.

PB250083

P71
    Participant

These are all lovely , and agree wales is a real gem lived there for a while pembrokeshire area.

Nice topic folks.

John Thompson

Another from me.

John Thompson

But compared to others it is just plain ugly!

beth
    Participant

I’ll post some when I get home to my hard drive.

Graham Hart
    Participant

No idea what I’m doing but here’s my first attempt using PS alone.

John Thompson

Well except for the globs in the trees it is not bad.

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

These are really captivating, will try this for myself too!

beth
    Participant

cadillac ranch in amarillo, texas.

an old file that claims to be taken in april 2004, but i know that isn’t right.  it’s a raw file and i didn’t start shooting raw until after i went to ireland in 2006.  i think it was probably taken in july or august 2007.  i would have been in school on the other side of the country in april.  ir converted canon 350d and sigma (or maybe tamron, can’t remember) 10-20mm.  i found out after this trip that the af didn’t work right with that lens.

John Thompson

That is why I used the Nikon 18-70mm recommended ny Lifepixel.  It is not the best lens in the world but it seems to be adaquate from what I have seen so far.

beth
        Participant

they didn’t have lens recommendations or even info when i played with ir.  they barely had editing tips.  i think there were 3 filter choices for canon or nikon (you could contact them about other brands) and they didn’t recommend sending a lens cause they didn’t do anything with them for calibrating.  my canon lenses were all fine, but the superwide wasn’t.

P71
      Participant

Very nice.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Wow, I love this. Gotta admit I was struggling with my interest level in IR photography. Some pics just look like a negative to me and I couldn’t quite grasp the appeal which others do. Since watching this thread, I have noticed that IR pics can take any number of forms, sometimes the sky is black, sometimes blue. Sometimes the sky is left normal and the trees are only affected etc…

This pic has a sort of cross-over feel to it. It’s not a real representation……but it almost could be. I think the colour palette and the composition are fantastic and the image has a…….I dunno, a movie quality to it. A member’s pick for me!

beth
    Participant

el rancho de las golondrinas outside of santa fe, nm.  shot in ir and converted to b&w.

John Thompson

I have converted some of my IR shots to b&w and they are much better than converted color shots.  You need to play with them but I really like them.

This is nice Beth

John Thompson

Not a normal IR image

Tersha
      Keymaster

Wow, that’s beautiful John!

beth
      Participant

love these!

Tersha
    Keymaster

One from today …

IR trees

beth
      Participant

excellent!  i love all of the blue going on in this.

John Thompson

So you did get out!!  This is nice Diane.  Well done.  I am so dissapointed in my processing and then I thought perhaps it is the subjects.  I tried to take some IR shots in the desert and they were trash.  I need to rethink my outings.

beth
      Participant

they’re probably not trash.  i found it challenging to process ir images when i first started.  keep at it and you’ll be happy soon.

P71
    Participant

Magical , nice one.

John Thompson

Confounded by the contemplation of minutia,

Tersha
      Keymaster

Hi John, I really like the leaves detail in this, curiosity … did you process it to get the sky black, or was it night, or….?

Dorothy
    Participant

Thank you for doing this Throw Down John.  i don’t do ir but was really interested to see what they look like. they are all pretty amazing.

655nm IR macro from a Converted Olympus point & shoot camera.

PB140036

Tersha
    Keymaster

This is an older one that I’ve reprocessed and converted to B/W …

IR trees b/w

beth
      Participant

works great in b&w.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.