Isolation High Speed

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

1/19000 second using a single Jinbei HD610 strobe and the MIOPS splash kit (https://www.miops.com/?ref=wwnacpr9jro)

P6010268

P6010052

P6010430

P6010449

P6010403

Lynne Guenther
      Participant

Insanely sharp, great job! Difficult stuff!

Tobie

I haven’t seen this trademark of yours for a while David! Simply brilliant! The last one looks like a jumping spider!

Federico Alegria
      Participant

My favourite is the third one! It resembles a diver quite a lot.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Always wonderful to view these David. You’ve raised your own bar.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Wow! These are awesome David 🙂

Patrick
      Participant

Great set of photos david 😉

Margaret F
      Participant

Amazing!

Tom M
      Participant

U N B E L I E V A B LE great shots…

Mistyisle
      Participant

Really amazing and captivating, David!  Am simply gob-smacked at the shutter speed.  Until now, I have thought the speed of 1/4000 sec on my camera was great, but now …. !

Jasenka G
      Participant

All of them are insanely beautiful! My favorite is the fourth one, it looks like an abstract sculpture.

Frogdaily
      Participant

Looks like you have been having some fun! Always love seeing your WaterDrops!

Thank you so much Lynne, Tobie, Federico, Rob, Dahlia, Patrick, Margaret, Tom, Jim, Jasenka & Frogdaily. I really appreciate it. (Am having trouble replying to individual posts 🙁

Frank
      Participant

I was just starting to think about trying this type of photography, but I think I will save some time and just enjoy yours instead.  Great shots!  (I also really like the background colors)

• This reply was modified 1mo ago by Frank.

Thanks Frank. It is a rewarding/frustrating/addictive past time. Great for those rainy days when you need a creative outlet.

The backgrounds are simple gradients that I produce in PS, and print onto A4 sheets.

If you are going to have a go, and want any help or advice, just reach out. I don’t profess to know everything, but have been photographing drops since 1982. I even ran a workshop via zoom a few weeks back and everyone on it came away with some keepers.

Anne Hornsby
      Participant

An excellent series, David!   It’s a look into another level of existence.    I really like the 2nd image because it reminds me of the bacterium Acineta, one of my favorite shapes.

Well, I learned something today Anne! I had to look up bacterium Acineta, and you are right!

Thanks

Graham Hart
      Participant

Holy cow! 1/19000 of a second? That’s like a quantum level time slice David. Amazing that a manmade device can open and close a shutter that fast! Pics are simply stunning and the thing about this style of photography as that no two are even remotely similar (or do you weed out similar shots 🙂 ).

Thanks Graham. To be fair the shutter speed is 1/125 sec, the flash speed in 1/19000 sec.

Most images are unique, but I do weed out a few that are too similar…

Graham Hart
          Participant

Ah I see. Still, its a hell of a flash speed!

Rob Wood (Admin)
      Keymaster

Been seeing these on my feed lately, @dchester1001 – great stuff.

Thanks Rob @admin. Are you heading north for the winter this year?

Rob Wood (Admin)
      Keymaster

I don’t think you’ll let us diseased southerners across the border, @dchester1001 😉

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author

David Chesterfield is an IT Manager, light painter and amateur photographer living in Brisbane, Australia. You can follow him on:
Facebook, Instagramor Flickr.