just another or sod it and publish or more lore

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank just another or sod it and publish or more lore

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Falxy 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Falxy
    Participant

_DSC1141-Edit

tis wot tis tis……………..hey my enjoyment prevaricates! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

any proverbication can feel superior………..still not changing nothing

anyone not offay just lean back and learn a different direction……………………..!! πŸ™‚

Tom M
    Participant

Well since you posted in ST, I like this, but it’s a shame that second pair of legs and hands is behind the guy on the right. My only complaint πŸ™‚

billyspad
    Blocked

Help a poor mans education please and tell me what proverbication means? My best mate Google does not know either!

chris pook
      Participant

Duncan is the Shakespeare of the North, and what he says now that is new will pass into popular usage over time.

Proverbication… Now that could mean a few things.Β  I’m guessing that is stating a well known truth or piece of advice (proverb) in a provocative way.Β  But I could be wrong.

You can never quite tell with Dunan if he is being quietly ironic, quietly brilliant, or just Duncan, which is rarely quiet.Β  πŸ™‚Β  In any case, I’m glad he is back, settle in and enjoy the ride.

billyspad
    Blocked

Sorry forgot to mention your post. Really not the person to ask for an opinion for this type of shot. Street to me consists of more than shots of strangers going about their normal routine taken often without their knowledge. Possibly a failing on my part but I never see the interest in two people walking in a perfectly normal street.

I would look for some interaction with the photogapher or a decisive moment of interest. If I have missed something in the poster on the fence apologies but cannot make out who it is or what its about.

OK so I guess I lean back and learn a different direction.

Albirder
      Participant

Ah, that is true of any kind of photography. You would have to post a pretty spectacular sunset to impress me. Most days I can walk outside and see the real thing. It is almost always better in living color.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

All the best of the season to ya Duncan!

Albirder
    Participant

I tend to find β€œwalking by” street photos interesting. This one has good motion. Two people walking toward each other produces some compositional connection. The poster on the fence is not especially relevant, except for the contrast between her steely, set look and people on the go. I rather like the little extra pair of legs. This kind of thing puts the β€œcandid” into street photography. Looking through a street photo can be like going on an Easter Egg Hunt. You never know what you are going to find. Now for the shark. The asymmetry of their positions relative to the poster does not work for me. It is not a matter of timing. You got what you could get. N-1 strikes again. I wish you and all of us good shooting in 2019.

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

It’s good to hear from you again Duncan!Β  Best wishes.Β  No critique.

bucweeet
    Participant

Like the line above… it’s needs to be straightened/leveled Duncan.

Dave Watkins
    Participant

I’d try “bringing it in” some. Crop just inside the “private land” sign on the left and crop out the sky. Then straighten and up the contrast a bit. My 2 cents. πŸ™‚

Graham Hart
    Participant

Hi Falxy and Merry Xmas!

I know you don’t like platitudes and pats on the back for any old thing so being the ST I’ll be honest. Must admit this one leaves me a bit unsure as to why you took it? I’m interested to know what your reasoning was behind the shot. I guess it is street photography in so much as there’s a street in it but apart from that I’m struggling to find something to latch on to by way of a focus or statement or thread of a storyline.

The only point of focus for me is the ladies face in the poster resolutely staring out into the world as it rushes by all around her. For this reason, I would have cropped the pic in a lot tighter to emphasise this because the rest is a bit of a distraction.
    (I deliberately tightened the legroom to give the people a sense of rushing through the scene)

Falxy
    Participant

Yep wife and I have been getting on really well through the holidays(painidays!! πŸ™‚ ) but have just fell out,normality resumes.

above is peripheral as is the image above above.

learnt a bit ago that there is no perfect image……well one,the tennis lady showing her undercarriage covering………………Graham i love u dearly but expect peeps to comment without alteration….why…cus 1.my profile states no alterations and 2.tis my visional crap, not yours ! πŸ™‚Β  but I have a brainwave….i’ll state to you my vision then you can go out and take it………….. !! πŸ™‚ :)…………sell my cameras and retire to the countryside and take up farming.

seriously now its just an image that has acquired several differering comments………….thats a result…i think ! πŸ™‚

hey i can produce worse and probably better………….but i produce my own πŸ™‚

all i ask is there are no rules once learnt……….tis art not science!

Graham Hart
      Participant

Love you too man, so good to read your words once more and be in the crosshairs – and both barrels too…about time.

Apologies, apologies, apologies for editing your pic! It’s so common in this forum that I never bother to dig deeper into peoples personal settings beforehand. I have edited some of your pics previously without incurring your displeasure so though it was OK. Again….sorry.

A picture tells a thousand words and a quick edit does the same for me. Doesn’t mean the edit is an improvement, its just easier to get an idea across. In fact it is more than likely not an improvement since the artist creating the original had a very specific intent and if anything, an ill-conceived edit would strengthen that original intent.

Maybe my stuff up will reignite my earlier request for some sort of immediately visible icon or marker next to any picture posted to alert Light Stalkers about peoples ‘edit/no edit’ preferences. Would make life easier I reckon.

You are right though, the best pics aren’t the technically perfect ones for me, they’re the ones that illicit differing opinions and interpretations. That’s where the learning about art is to be found! The science is found in online tutorials πŸ™‚

Keep em coming Falxy and Happy New Year πŸ™‚

Falxy
    Participant

Thx man! πŸ™‚ appreciate your words

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.