keflavik lighthouse

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  beth 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

beth
    Participant

i’d been up for over 24 hours at this point and wouldn’t see a bed for another 13.5 hours.  so feel free to say your camera takes nice photos for this shot because this one definitely had nothing to do with me.  i was barely there.

Gerald Murphy
    Participant

Nice composition, good use of leading lines, dramatic skies and sea, everything nice and sharp, nice use of colour, well lit. What’s not to like? Lovely.

beth
      Participant

thanks gerald.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Very nice Beth. The perspective  looks as if the viewer is really there walking towards the lighthouse 🙂

beth
      Participant

thanks dahlia.  this was as far as i made it towards the lighthouse.  it was windy and i hadn’t had caffeine in awhile.

Robert Apple

Your processing gives it a sureal quality, I almost expect to see Gene Kelly and a animated mouse dancing in front of it.

beth
      Participant

thanks.  but i didn’t do much post processing.

the before is sooc raw, the after is my lightroom export.  i resized to 900px, sharpened and watermarked in ps.

screenshot

beth
    Participant

and now that i’m looking at this and not editing 500 other photos at the same time i think i might prefer the original colors of the sky and lighthouse…  i’ll put this one on the list to re-edit.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.