- September 15, 2019 at 11:50 am #419479
Not one of my best shots – I actually found that I must have bumped my camera into something with much higher ISO’s than intended as a result. I was so excited when I saw this bird for the first time ever that I only realized it during PP.
It was our one and only Klaas’ Cuckoo at our local botanical gardens, having just returned from the north at the start of spring. It was sitting with this little worm in its mouth, calling for hours to see if a potential mate would come and fetch it. All in vain. He was all alone.
Nice to see them back – I can’t wait for the return of summer!
- This topic was modified 8mo, 3wk ago by Tobie.
- September 15, 2019 at 11:56 am #419481John ThompsonModerator
It may not be one of your best shots (your words) but it is crisp with detail on display and with beautiful colors.
- September 16, 2019 at 1:45 am #419505
- September 15, 2019 at 3:59 pm #419488TershaKeymaster
Pretty good shot despite the high ISO!
I’ve never seen or heard of these before, the green is remarkable!
- September 16, 2019 at 1:48 am #419506
Thanks @tersha. Unfortunately the image does not come close in reflecting its live-seen beauty. They are awesomely beautiful! Here is another shot to show off its colors on the back.
- September 16, 2019 at 3:36 pm #419576TershaKeymaster
Thanks for showing this Tobie, it’s a truly stunning bird!
- September 24, 2019 at 4:31 am #420206
- September 17, 2019 at 6:34 am #419634Jasenka GParticipant
This is amazing, the bird looks like a big piece of emerald!
- September 17, 2019 at 10:48 am #419647
Agreed Jasenka! 🙂
- September 16, 2019 at 1:57 am #419510Tom MParticipant
Both shots are excellent Tobie. Don’t see any fault with the first one…
- September 17, 2019 at 10:49 am #419648
Thanks so much Tom!
- September 16, 2019 at 2:56 pm #419572Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Love both the images Tobie. The green colour on the bird is very striking 🙂
- September 17, 2019 at 10:50 am #419649
Thanks Dahlia – yes it’s a really beautiful green cast.
- September 16, 2019 at 7:01 pm #419599Robert AppleModerator
Both nice shots despite the High Iso Tobie.
- September 17, 2019 at 10:50 am #419650
Thanks so much Robert!
- September 23, 2019 at 10:37 am #420103Bruce GordonParticipant
Very nice image, Tobie! Beautiful bird – I can understand your excitement to see them returning!
- September 24, 2019 at 4:14 am #420196
- September 23, 2019 at 3:05 pm #420135FrogdailyParticipant
What a stunning bird! Love seeing your bird photography Tobie as I see birds I’ve never seen before – you are truly blessed
- September 24, 2019 at 4:15 am #420197
- September 23, 2019 at 7:35 pm #420154Graham HartParticipant
I used to always wonder what it was that attracted people to bird watching. I mean a bird is a bird…….right? Obviously not! Thanks to you Tobie, like Frog, I not only see birds I’ve never seen before but I see them in all their brilliant splendor. Another two enlightening shots from the master.
- September 24, 2019 at 4:16 am #420198
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.