Lakeside Refection – My First Attempt

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Lakeside Refection – My First Attempt

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Federico Alegria 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Michael
    Participant

My First Attempt at Reflections

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Hi Michael, this is a beautiful image and feels very serene.

In terms of feedback, you could slightly tilt the image to the right side and it would have been nice to include birds or some other element like a boat in the foreground water as a point of interest.

Also, not sure if there was a choice to shoot wider 🙂

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Hi Michael. Just a reminder that we are asked to include the EXIF with our ST posts.

It’s a nice scene but as Dahlia mentioned it’s missing some foreground interest. You might consider looking at it this way. “What is the most interesting portion of the image?” Try eliminating everything else and see what you come up with. Maybe something like this? Still no foreground…unless the reflection now serves that purpose?

Robert Apple

Like Rob Said

Michael
    Participant

Thank you to everyone for the feedback.

How do I include the EXIF?

Is that the RAW file?

Thanks,

Michael

Rob Eyers
    Participant

If you’re using Lightroom you can set your Library View Options to show you the Common Photo Settings. Right click on any photo in Library view to access View Options. Just include that data when you post in the ST.

Federico Alegria
    Participant

It is amazing how you made that vertical crop @reyers.

@mgdarling, for future shots try to acheive the most symmetrical possible composition. This is a gorgeous reflection, and since I love black and white photograhy (this is highly subjective) I would love to see a monochrome conversion.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.