Tagged: , ,

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Reg Courtenay
      Participant
      Ravi
      Participant

Have you read the ‘Shark Tank’ rules?

Its not just rude but also dumb to just post a snap and expect people to scamper and tell you what a wonderful shot you got there.

P Marione
      Blocked

All’s said

jeff
      Participant

Have you read the shark tank rules ‘dude’?

3) Always be polite (this is about being helpful, not nasty)
      5) Always post in a spirit of friendship and genuine helpfulness

Troll much?

Reg Courtenay
      Participant

Good morning

Thanks for the heads up. I will locate the rules and read them.

By the way… other than the governance issue you have raised, do you have feedback on the photograph?

Yours sincerely

Reg

Reg Courtenay
      Participant

Good morning

Thank for putting the effort into providing guidance. I will locate the rules and apply them. As above can you provide a comment on the photograph.

I would appreciate some feedback.

Yours sincerely

Reg

Reg Courtenay
      Participant

Good morning

You provided a quiet conclusion.

Thank you for the feedback.

Yours sincerely

Reg Courtenay

Tersha
      Keymaster

Hi, @reg-courtenaygmail-com, please do not be put off by the rudeness of @raviputcha and @pmarione.
      There are plenty of others here that are nothing like that, and provide friendly and helpful critiques.

Fred Furze
      Participant

What I like:

Love the bird and motion of the wings while the rest of the body is in sharp focus.
      Love the colors of the seagull and the light from behind.

What I don’t like:

The hand in the shot
      The cut off seagull
      The composition overall

Although it has some nice elements I feel the overall photo looks like a lucky snapshot. Living near the beach in South Florida, this is a common scene and I know that with a little more effort this could have been a much nicer shot. I guess it feels like you did not put much effort into it overall.

Graham
      Participant

A funny thing happened today, I was looking through a book, “The Joy Of Photography” published by Kodak and came upon this picture: (sorry the image is terrible, but you can see why I came to post this)

IMG_6958.JPG by Graham on Light Stalking

Your shot looks like a fun snapshot for a memory book in terms of subject matter.
      Composition is broken up nicely in the frame, but there is not enough variation in tone. The background is flat, and the foreground is not well lit, flattening it as well. Squint… how many values do you see? I count 3, maybe four if you count the gray bird torso. The blue background – 1; white tail – 2; and everything else is nearly black -3.
      The lighting, composition and content all contribute to it looking like a snapshot.

The seagull’s eyes and textures around his skull are compelling, but that is such a small part of the picture.

Duane S. Loya
      Participant

I was trying to do this for a shot at one of the lakes in Ohio this late summer, My family thought I was crazy for even thinking about doing it. None the less, I was unable to get this to work with all the people in the boat making so much noise. I like the shot, what would have been great is if we could have seen the whole bird in this photograph it would have made it a real nice photograph.

It would have been better to shoot it bigger and crop it later. Something like this should be planned try and keep the other persons head and so on out of the way so you can get the biggest shot of this that would include all of the bird and then crop it to fit the frame. Very nice attempt to create a super great photograph!

Reg Courtenay
      Participant

Good afternoon

What an amazing coincidence…..looks very similar.

Thank you to all who have supplied feedback. The photograph was intentional, with composition and angle planned. Using the guidance from the comments will help improve the next photograph. Unfortunately I do not get to the coast frequently.

Yours sincerely

Reg

Reg Courtenay
      Participant

Good afternoon
      Thank you for the supportive remarks.

Yours sincerely

Reg Courtenay

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar