- January 10, 2019 at 5:56 am #384007
Finally got some time to go take some snaps. This is part of a huge indoor lily pond in the Adelaide Botanic Gardens.
- January 10, 2019 at 9:24 am #384012
I like it. Nice use of Minimalism.
- January 10, 2019 at 7:53 pm #384151
- January 10, 2019 at 10:49 am #384025
Love the dark Background on against the leaves.
- January 10, 2019 at 7:57 pm #384152
Thanks Robert. Had to darken the BG because there were too many ugly obstacles visible on and under the water like hoses but mainly reflections of the roof structure everywhere. Very distracting.
- January 10, 2019 at 11:26 am #384034
Perfect background to juxtapose colors Graham.
- January 10, 2019 at 7:59 pm #384155
Thanks John. As I mentioned to Robert, what was initially a desire to get rid of distractions turned out to be a boost to the juxtaposed minimalism of the pic.
- January 11, 2019 at 3:53 pm #384300
I like this mucho, Graham, just for the simplicity…
- January 11, 2019 at 7:09 pm #384354
Thanks Tom. Same here.
- January 12, 2019 at 6:07 pm #384479
Hi Graham, I like it too. I probably would never make an image like this myself. I probably would just miss it if I saw it.
I know it’s not the ST but I think it might work even a bit more minimal if you work some more on the dark BG. There are quite some smudges in the water.
Something like this:
- January 12, 2019 at 8:04 pm #384493
Thanks for spotting this Erik. Much better. To be honest, I didn’t really spot this image myself until I got home and noticed how distracting the reflections in the water were. It was only then I decided to darken the reflections out and subsequently discovered a rather pleasing minimalist picture. If nothing else, it says something about realsitic vs creative photography I think. Both have their place. Here’s the original;
- January 12, 2019 at 7:37 pm #384488
I really like lily pad images. This composition is great, Graham, with the different sizes and angles of the pads. I like the almost black water against the pads. I did try pp on this trying to get where Erik got. I like the lush green and really dark water of Erik’s pp.
- January 12, 2019 at 8:07 pm #384494
Thanks Anne. Seems to be my modus operandi…trying to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear, ‘cos most of my shots are sow’s ears! 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.