Little Red

• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1wk ago by Patrick.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Patrick
      Participant

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

I like this frame and the colours in it Patrick 🙂

Jasenka G
      Participant

I like the awkward proportions here (one would expect much larger door compared with the bicycle). Quite effective shot!

Patrick
      Participant

Hi Jasenka  , Dahlia thank you for having a look and i always appreciate your comments /help guys cheers , i don’t know what happened i set the white balance in post and the white wall  seemed to look right but now it looks like it has a yellow/green tint lol .. not sure what happened unless it’s my eyes :).

Thanks so much folks.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

That’s quite the spiffy bike.

Regarding colour…are you converting your images to sRGB before you save and post them Patrick? That may be what’s causing your colour shift. If you upload an AdobeRGB or ProPhoto colour profile it can give unpredictable results.

The wall reads R170, G178, B171 when I copy and import it into PS.

Here is a test of it after setting grey scale with a curve in sRGB

EDIT: I copied and reloaded this sRGB version into PS and the colour stayed stable with no change.

• This reply was modified 1wk, 5d ago by Rob Eyers.
      Patrick
      Participant

Hi Rob , hope you good mate ..Thanks very much for having a look i do shoot with sRGB but not used those 2 profiles you mention at least that i am aware of (still learning about them ), have not looked yet at what i did to it in editing but i may have made an adjustment a notch to far on the tint slider after correcting the white balance.

Thanks very much mate.

Federico Alegria
      Participant

This is so cool! And I also find quite interesting to have a full red bike with pristine white wheels in a notoriously outdoorsy context.

Patrick
      Participant

Ha , good point on the white tyres , this was outside an old cottage , i noticed lots of bikes outside different places some had baskets of flowers on them.

Thanks for your feedback Mate 😉

• This reply was modified 1wk, 4d ago by Patrick.
      Graham Hart
      Participant

The bright white tyres are what caught my attention too. The lack of shadows made me wonder if it was a composite at first. Nice elements in this pic Pat, colour, geometry, composition as well as a mystery story line.

(I’m imagining someone just off camera going through their pockets looking for the key to that door.)  🙂

Patrick
      Participant

Thanks so much for the feedback Graham , i took a few days away in county donegal , i mainly hung about on the beach trying to photo the sea birds and some little details around the coast.

This photo was shot on the way to Glenveagh National Park , the white cottage and bike were just too tempting to pass ;).

Rob Wood (Admin)
      Keymaster

I like these types of photos. Just so simple with the composition that they are really effective.

Patrick
        Participant

Thanks so much Rob , i remember you had posted a shot like this but a much better looking one and it was an image that stuck in my head , i would certainly give credit to this shot to your good self mate for that inspiration 😉

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author