- February 15, 2020 at 6:25 pm #432013CrystalParticipant
I have terrible eyesight even with glasses lol but need to use manual for Macro and was wondering if there is a setting to tell you when the subject is in focus while using Manual focus on a Nikon D7200.
- February 17, 2020 at 4:09 am #432182Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
I am sure the 7200 has focus peaking – worth a google as it is very useful.
- February 17, 2020 at 7:47 am #432205Ken ScheepersParticipant
The D7200 does not have focus peaking. Invest in a Hoodman H32B. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1353031-REG/hoodman_h32mb_hoodloupe_3_2_outdoor_loop.html
Simply hold it against the live view screen and it magnifies the image. It works like a charm.
- February 18, 2020 at 2:36 pm #432356Dan ColomboParticipant
Crystal, I fully understand poor eyesight.
The D7200 has a focus indicator in the lower left of the viewfinder for manual focus (page 97 of the manual).
In Live View, the square indicator should turn green when focus is achieved. There’s also a zoom function (page 38) that might help.
- February 18, 2020 at 3:32 pm #432364CrystalParticipant
Thank you so much Dan!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.