- October 29, 2019 at 4:22 pm #423473
Images of Media City are broadcast almost every day on the UK’s BBC public broadcasting news services. Mostly they are daytime wall to wall shots but I wanted to do some sunset and early evening images. Here is one of several I took yesterday.
- October 29, 2019 at 10:50 pm #423504bethParticipant
wonderfully rich b&w tones, i like how most of the lights are on too to give it more contrasting tones.
is this the place jeremy clarkson rode the p51 through on top gear?
- October 30, 2019 at 2:50 am #423526
Thanks for your comment, Beth. I may be getting confused. I believe that Clarkson owns a P-51 aircraft but drove a P50 car through central London – 200 miles from Media City, Salford – in 2007 – long before Media City existed.
As for the lights being on, the clocks going back an hour from summertime is great for photography in that people are still at work when it goes dark. I think that this scene worked quite well in colour too so I attach a photo to show.
- October 30, 2019 at 4:18 am #423531TobieModerator
I love it Gerald! Specially the B&W!
- October 30, 2019 at 5:54 am #423536
Some of the shots did look better in colour though – such a golden hour one and a sunset one.
- October 30, 2019 at 9:53 am #423561Kent DuFaultParticipant
Nice! I especially like the black and white.
- October 30, 2019 at 4:27 pm #423611
Thank, Kent. Of course I did read the Photzy eBook which helped me to see the monochrome possibility.
- October 30, 2019 at 2:26 pm #423602Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Beautiful image Gerald. I like the black and white treatment too 🙂
- October 30, 2019 at 4:29 pm #423612
Thank you too, Dahlia. It’s starting to look unanimous in favour of the black and white. A lesson for me to bear in mind in future.
- October 31, 2019 at 12:40 pm #423694chris pookParticipant
They are very smart, thank you for sharing.
- November 1, 2019 at 2:49 am #423743
Thank you for liking my photo.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.