Media City UK

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Gerald Murphy
      Participant

Images of Media City are broadcast almost every day on the UK’s BBC public broadcasting news services. Mostly they are daytime wall to wall shots but I wanted to do some sunset and early evening images. Here is one of several I took yesterday.Media City UK by night

beth
      Participant

wonderfully rich b&w tones, i like how most of the lights  are on too to give it more contrasting tones.

is this the place jeremy clarkson rode the p51 through on top gear?

Gerald Murphy
        Participant

Thanks for your comment, Beth. I may be getting confused. I believe that Clarkson owns a P-51 aircraft but drove a P50 car through central London – 200 miles from Media City, Salford – in 2007 – long before Media City existed.

As for the lights being on, the clocks going back an hour from summertime is great for photography in that people are still at work when it goes dark. I think that this scene worked quite well in colour too so I attach a photo to show.Media City night colour

Tobie

I love it Gerald! Specially the B&W!

Gerald Murphy
        Participant

Thanks,Tobie.
        Some of the shots did look better in colour though – such a golden hour one and a sunset one.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Nice! I especially like the black and white.

Gerald Murphy
        Participant

Thank, Kent. Of course I did read the Photzy eBook which helped me to see the monochrome possibility.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Beautiful image Gerald. I like the black and white treatment too 🙂

Gerald Murphy
        Participant

Thank you too, Dahlia. It’s starting to look unanimous in favour of the black and white. A lesson for me to bear in mind in future.

chris pook
      Participant

They are very smart, thank you for sharing.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.