Members Picks Photos Of the Year

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Members’ Picks Members Picks Photos Of the Year

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Apple

The agony of voting has finally come to an end and after five weeks of scrutiny from our 20 plus volunteer judges the results are in.

I would like to invite the respective photographers to say a little about their photos, especially the top three, so each of our Top Ten Photos of the year will be in their own sub thread.

Thanks to all those who participated and to members who shared their awesome photos with us.

Robert Apple

1st place

From ElinL

chris pook
        Participant

Well done for driving on with this Robert, and well done Elin, and the gang; richly deserved recognition!

Pat Garrett
        Participant

Thank you for all your work, Robert.  Very powerful image ElinL.

Charmaine Joubert
        Participant

I absolutely love this image and well done on 1st place.

Jim Collins
        Participant

I agree with Pat – a very powerful and intriguing image. That eye!

Congratulations ElinL.

Robert Apple

2nd Place

from Charmaine Joubert

Pat Garrett
        Participant

Wonderful! So love your animal portraits Charmaine Joubert.

chris pook
        Participant

This is great.  It is kind of how my wife looks at me after I do or say something particularly stupid.  🙂  Nice shot!

Jim Collins
        Participant

Terrific shot, Charmaine. Love the perfect focus with the bokeh background. And his expression is, of course, priceless.

Robert Apple

3rd

From Pat Garrett

Robert Apple
        Jessica
        Participant

Wow. I like it alot! :-) I love black and white photography.

chris pook
        Participant

How very striking!

Robert Apple

5th

From Dave Watkins

Dave Watkins
        Participant

Thanks to all who voted. Quite an honor.

As per Roberts request:

This spot is only a 10 minute drive from my house . One foggy morning I thought I might get a nice shot of train tracks disappearing into the fog. Fog wasn’t as heavy there as it was at my place. Set up the tripod anyway and got about a half dozen shots before a truck pulled up and was politely asked to leave. I was trespassing on railroad property.  Oops.

Jessica
        Participant

Beautiful 🙂

Jim Collins
        Participant

Terrific shot, Dave! Love the fog and all the undisturbed leaves.

Bummer about the trespassing. In this neck of the woods, those of us who love trains are called “foamers.” Much more challenging to get close since 9/11 and the heightened security concerns.

Dave Watkins
          Participant

Thanks Jim. The guy who asked me to leave did so apologetically. And he did say that 9/11 had changed their policy for trespassing.

Robert Apple

6th

From Elysia

Robert Apple
        ElinL
        Participant

Absolutely love this image, keep coming back to it. Great catch Charmaine.

• This reply was modified 1mo, 2wk ago by ElinL.
          Charmaine Joubert
          Participant

Thanks so much Elin, I have am so glad I managed to get one photo of them perched like this because they literally sat like this for a few seconds.

Jim Collins
        Participant

I’m with ElinL. I LOVE this shot!

Robert Apple

8th

From Click

Robert Apple
      Robert Apple
      Anonymous

Just awesome Photo

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Wow! Amazing photos and congratulations everyone 🙂

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Congratulations everyone. Elin, your shot is a solid first place winner!

Frogdaily
      Participant

Awesome photos everyone, and Congratulations Elin on a well deserved 1st place!

Patrick
      Participant

Many thanks to all involved your work is appreciated.

Congratulations  Elin , superb photo.

Fantastic work each and everyone of you , thanks for sharing all these wonderful photographs.

Pat Garrett
      Participant

Congratulations everyone. I found it very difficult to select and vote, because there were so many fantastic shots of such varied subjects.

Charmaine Joubert
      Participant

Congratulations everyone. I am honoured to be in the top 10, especially when there were so many beautiful images in the final.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Congratulations to all involved. Special congrats to Elin, Charmaine and Pat. Thanks to Robert for putting the time in to do this. It was fun and also difficult choosing only three images each week.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Congratulations to everyone who made it here, and special congrats to Elin!
      All superb photos!

Graham Hart
      Participant

Kudos to each and everyone involved with this. Not just the magnificent entries from fellow Lightstalkers but also the ‘behind-the-scenes’ folks who made it happen.

A superb image Elin and well deserving of the winning entry. Also Charmaine and Pat’s entries are both deserving place getters.

If there’s one thing I take away from this, its that I don’t ever want to be a judge in a photo contest. It’s just too damn hard!

ElinL
      Participant

Thanks everyone for votes and kind comments, I feel really honoured that my image was so highly rated among so many great contributions. So many aspects of life are relative, the concepts of winning and loosing amongst them. Charmaine, four of your absolutely wonderful animal images were deservedly chosen among the top ten – so with such a high winning score one may propose a title of LS members choice photographer of the year -…. ? Also congratulations to Pat and Click for highly deserved places for wonderful images.

Last but not least, thank you Robert for running the members choice that enables us to point out images of interest, as well as the competition. For me the most interesting and rewarding aspect of the competition was to review all those wonderful images – it was truly difficult to choose among them as there were many worthy winners. I hope that LS stores the members choice of the year somewhere – I am sure it will be fun to review sometime in the future.

Robert, your idea about a separate thread with histories of the winning images sounds very interesting. I hope you will execute it.

Tom M
      Participant

Congrats all. All well deserved shots. Special congrats to Charmaine for having 4 photos in top 10-WOW…

These are all just stunning. Well done folks.

Jim Collins
      Participant

Absolutely well deserved congratulations and kudos to all the winners and their wonderful photos. What great inspiration for us all!

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Congratulations everyone.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author