- February 29, 2020 at 11:30 pm #433478
The agony of voting has finally come to an end and after five weeks of scrutiny from our 20 plus volunteer judges the results are in.
I would like to invite the respective photographers to say a little about their photos, especially the top three, so each of our Top Ten Photos of the year will be in their own sub thread.
Thanks to all those who participated and to members who shared their awesome photos with us.
- February 29, 2020 at 11:53 pm #433481
- March 1, 2020 at 9:37 am #433517
Well done for driving on with this Robert, and well done Elin, and the gang; richly deserved recognition!
- March 4, 2020 at 7:41 am #433917
Thank you for all your work, Robert. Very powerful image ElinL.
- March 5, 2020 at 2:17 am #434057
I absolutely love this image and well done on 1st place.
- May 7, 2020 at 1:08 pm #441575
I agree with Pat – a very powerful and intriguing image. That eye!
- February 29, 2020 at 11:56 pm #433482
- March 4, 2020 at 7:43 am #433918
Wonderful! So love your animal portraits Charmaine Joubert.
- April 15, 2020 at 9:08 am #438843
This is great. It is kind of how my wife looks at me after I do or say something particularly stupid. 🙂 Nice shot!
- May 7, 2020 at 1:11 pm #441576
Terrific shot, Charmaine. Love the perfect focus with the bokeh background. And his expression is, of course, priceless.
- March 1, 2020 at 12:05 am #433484
- March 1, 2020 at 12:07 am #433485
- March 1, 2020 at 12:09 am #433486
- March 5, 2020 at 10:53 am #434131
Thanks to all who voted. Quite an honor.
As per Roberts request:
This spot is only a 10 minute drive from my house . One foggy morning I thought I might get a nice shot of train tracks disappearing into the fog. Fog wasn’t as heavy there as it was at my place. Set up the tripod anyway and got about a half dozen shots before a truck pulled up and was politely asked to leave. I was trespassing on railroad property. Oops.
- April 8, 2020 at 8:43 am #437998JessicaParticipant
- April 9, 2020 at 10:07 am #438151
Thank you Jessica. 🙂
- May 7, 2020 at 1:15 pm #441578
Terrific shot, Dave! Love the fog and all the undisturbed leaves.
Bummer about the trespassing. In this neck of the woods, those of us who love trains are called “foamers.” Much more challenging to get close since 9/11 and the heightened security concerns.
- May 14, 2020 at 9:09 am #442913
Thanks Jim. The guy who asked me to leave did so apologetically. And he did say that 9/11 had changed their policy for trespassing.
- March 1, 2020 at 12:11 am #433487
- March 1, 2020 at 12:14 am #433488
- April 16, 2020 at 5:16 am #438998ElinLParticipant
Absolutely love this image, keep coming back to it. Great catch Charmaine.
- This reply was modified 1mo, 2wk ago by ElinL.
- April 16, 2020 at 9:14 am #439011
Thanks so much Elin, I have am so glad I managed to get one photo of them perched like this because they literally sat like this for a few seconds.
- May 7, 2020 at 1:17 pm #441579
I’m with ElinL. I LOVE this shot!
- March 1, 2020 at 12:16 am #433489
- March 1, 2020 at 12:18 am #433490
- March 1, 2020 at 12:20 am #433491
- March 1, 2020 at 9:18 am #433516Anonymous
Just awesome Photo
- March 2, 2020 at 10:28 am #433583Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Wow! Amazing photos and congratulations everyone 🙂
- March 2, 2020 at 1:39 pm #433607Kent DuFaultParticipant
Congratulations everyone. Elin, your shot is a solid first place winner!
- March 2, 2020 at 1:43 pm #433608FrogdailyParticipant
Awesome photos everyone, and Congratulations Elin on a well deserved 1st place!
- March 2, 2020 at 1:45 pm #433609PatrickParticipant
Many thanks to all involved your work is appreciated.
Congratulations Elin , superb photo.
Fantastic work each and everyone of you , thanks for sharing all these wonderful photographs.
- March 4, 2020 at 7:46 am #433921
Congratulations everyone. I found it very difficult to select and vote, because there were so many fantastic shots of such varied subjects.
- March 5, 2020 at 2:21 am #434058
Congratulations everyone. I am honoured to be in the top 10, especially when there were so many beautiful images in the final.
- March 5, 2020 at 10:37 am #434130
Congratulations to all involved. Special congrats to Elin, Charmaine and Pat. Thanks to Robert for putting the time in to do this. It was fun and also difficult choosing only three images each week.
- March 5, 2020 at 3:12 pm #434138TershaKeymaster
Congratulations to everyone who made it here, and special congrats to Elin!
All superb photos!
- March 5, 2020 at 9:25 pm #434178Graham HartParticipant
Kudos to each and everyone involved with this. Not just the magnificent entries from fellow Lightstalkers but also the ‘behind-the-scenes’ folks who made it happen.
A superb image Elin and well deserving of the winning entry. Also Charmaine and Pat’s entries are both deserving place getters.
If there’s one thing I take away from this, its that I don’t ever want to be a judge in a photo contest. It’s just too damn hard!
- March 6, 2020 at 6:07 am #434226ElinLParticipant
Thanks everyone for votes and kind comments, I feel really honoured that my image was so highly rated among so many great contributions. So many aspects of life are relative, the concepts of winning and loosing amongst them. Charmaine, four of your absolutely wonderful animal images were deservedly chosen among the top ten – so with such a high winning score one may propose a title of LS members choice photographer of the year -…. ? Also congratulations to Pat and Click for highly deserved places for wonderful images.
Last but not least, thank you Robert for running the members choice that enables us to point out images of interest, as well as the competition. For me the most interesting and rewarding aspect of the competition was to review all those wonderful images – it was truly difficult to choose among them as there were many worthy winners. I hope that LS stores the members choice of the year somewhere – I am sure it will be fun to review sometime in the future.
Robert, your idea about a separate thread with histories of the winning images sounds very interesting. I hope you will execute it.
- March 17, 2020 at 3:32 am #435506Tom MParticipant
Congrats all. All well deserved shots. Special congrats to Charmaine for having 4 photos in top 10-WOW…
- April 3, 2020 at 3:26 am #437124Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
These are all just stunning. Well done folks.
- May 7, 2020 at 1:19 pm #441580
Absolutely well deserved congratulations and kudos to all the winners and their wonderful photos. What great inspiration for us all!
- May 14, 2020 at 3:34 am #442788Petr NowakParticipant
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.