Members Picks Week of February 10th

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Members’ Picks Members Picks Week of February 10th

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Apple

Members reference what you might consider a five star photo. Give a call out to the photographer and share their photo even if it lies in the Shark Tank and feel free to give a Critique on why it trips your Trigger. Be sure to mention the photographer and the Thread you saw it in.

Preston
      Participant

Let’s just leave this one here.  It’s by Dave Watkins @pentaxfan from the Lines, Layers, and Stripes weekend challenge.  I love the combination of lighting and vanishing point.  It really makes me think whether or not I’d cross the bridge.  It may be a normal stroll.  Perhaps pending doom instead?  Who knows!  I’m left with more questions than answers and I’m okay with that.

Fantastic photo Dave!   

Robert Apple

Nice Choice Preston, Congratulations Dave.

Graham Hart
        Participant

Nice Choice for sure. I find it hard to look anywhere else but that dark entrance to who knows what? Feels like this picture has control of my eyes.

Dave Watkins
          Participant

Thanks Graham. This is a popular spot and took a bit of time to get just a couple of shots with no one on the bridge. I had three people waiting patiently behind me but had no control over when someone would step out of the darkness on the other side. A wonderful spot to visit though. From the bridge is a great view of a nice waterfall.

Tersha
        Keymaster

Good pick Preston, a really good photo of lines and layers by Dave!

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Preston. I’m grateful that you found so much interest in this photo and took the time to express it here. I appreciate that very much. Again, thanks. 🙂

Patrick
      Participant

Nice Pick Preston , well done Dave Nice work 😉

Dave Watkins
      Participant

First of all this photo fits the criteria of the Lines, Layers and Stripes Challenge and then some. The walls and stairs lead the viewers eye up and out to the bright yellow glow which can signify something different depending only on ones imagination. So many lines running this way and that way yet the image is not busy or confusing.

The people could not be better spaced in my opinion. Or better chosen for their individuality. I don’t know how long you had to stand there Kent or how many shots you took to get this one but it was well worth it.

One last impression. With all the wonky angles and people walking up and down the stairs this photograph is like work by M.C. Escher come to life. Well done Kent.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Dave Watkins.
        Kent DuFault
        Participant

Thanks, Dave. You made my day!

Robert Apple

Nice choice Dave, Congratulations Kent.

Graham Hart
        Participant

Great choice Dave. I remember this one from a while ago and thinking at the time that it was actually OK to have blown out whites sometimes. The photo is so compelling from a compositional aspect and the use of colour, lines and shapes that the spectrum of exposure becomes an integral part of the whole rather than something to find fault with. The bright light works because of the man crossing through it from the light to the shadows.

Kent DuFault
          Participant

Excellent insight and commentary, Graham. Thank you.

Patrick
      Participant

Another Lovely Photo , well selected Dave ..Great job Kent

Tersha
      Keymaster

Good pick Dave! I remember this from a while back, great shot with a lot going on by Kent!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar