Members Picks Week of June 24

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Members’ Picks Members Picks Week of June 24

This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Seth L 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Robert Apple

Members reference what you might consider a five star photo. Give a call out to the photographer and share their photo even if it lies in the Shark Tank and feel free to give a Critique on why it trips your Trigger.

P71
    Participant

Thanks very much robert 😉

Mt. Olympus in Olympic National Park – By Frank

Seen this gorgeous photo and it captures everything i love about the outdoors , the photo speaks for itself , lovely work Frank and thanks a lot for posting it.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Agree Patrick, the photo makes me want yo be there!

Robert Apple

This is a great photo Frank.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Wonderful colourful image and great choice. I keep imagining Julie Andrews twirling around on that patch of grass singing ‘The Hills Are Alive’.

Robert Apple

Graham needs to hand over his man card now.

Graham Hart
          Participant

Oooooh! You’re such a big meanie! I’m telling on you!

Tersha
    Keymaster

This shot by Robert Apple, in the Landscape Forum, has to go here, simply beautiful light!

Bighorn Valley Storm

Robert Apple

Why thank you Diane.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Glad you picked this shot Diane. It really takes me to that place somehow, like being there. Great shot and great choice.

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

I agree, this was one of my favorites too!

Dorothy
    Participant

This was posted by Gly Anderson under the Weekend Challenge #440 Patterns. Kent D, Gray B and Holly K all commented on what a powerful photo this is and i totally agree.  The composition of leading lines, subject placement and the black and white treatment evoke strong emotions.

Robert Apple

Not usually my kind of subject, but I rather like this Photo, somehow I feel a “Man” is somehow involved here.

Dorothy
        Participant

Dude!!  it is not always about a guy :-), she lost her puppy (got loose and ran after a cat while they were out for a walk) and has been looking everywhere, all over town and is totally worn out and worried. they did get back together and all is well.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Agree with everything you said Dorothy. The composition of this pic adds to the weight bearing down on the woman’s shoulders metaphorically speaking. The banding invokes the layers of worry she appears to be experiencing. Great choice.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

This shot is VERY interesting. Love the interplay of color, shape, tone, and reflection. It is quite artistic. After further examination, I’m also quite intrigued with the reflection of the leaves interplaying against the man made bricks.

Robert Apple

Great Pick Kent I have been going to choose this one myself and hadn’t gotten round to it.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Great pic and great choice Kent. I was also intrigued by the leaves and bricks mingling together but not showing in the water. Some very clever work here methinks.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Agree Kent, it’s a fascinating shot, so much more going on when you look close.

Tobie

Agreed Kent, love it!

Seth L
      Participant

Great choice! This is a brilliant image!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.